cz stock adjustment

ok lads after having some practise with bipod attached to a synthetic stock and finding that it was tight against the barrel by means of sliding a lotto ticket between the both.i have lightly sanded the stock down and now the lotto ticket slides up and down with ease as compared to before thing is when if i move the barrel ie index finger on barrel thumb on stock it seems to move from side to side by a few millimeters do you think this will be ok or have i overdone it with the sanding.i know i wont find out untill i fire the rifle at target but would like to hear from anyone who as altered there stock and how theres felt.cheers lads.

Thats alright so long as when you hold the rifle as if you were shooting it there is a gap all round the barrel :good:

yes mate i can now slide a bit paper up and down the lengh of barrel no probs now although the paper doesnt seem to slack when i do this with bipod attached just hope i aint overdone it.

Edited by foxnet22

Thats alright so long as when you hold the rifle as if you were shooting it there is a gap all round the barrel :good:

It's a CZ, it's a rimfire, it's a plastic stock.

There isn't a gap all round the barrel especially if you lean it on a bipod!

Forget this bull, it isn't a problem!

I have plastic CZ .22lr and .17HMR, they work and the plastic touches all over the place.

Get on with using it, if it is not accurate by all means check a few things and chance the ammo.

I believe the heavy barrel wooden stocks are meant to float. I have the CZ American light barrel in .22WMR, there seems some debate whether this should or shouldn't float, mine didn't, it does now! It took a lot of work and accuracy wise it was hardly worth the bother!

Surely most barrels are supposed to float? (Unless designed not to :rolleyes: ) ok ok.....

The idea of the barrel floating is so that nothing disturbs the harmonics and natural twisting when it is fired, that makes for consistency and consequentially, accuracy. It also guards against distortion caused by wood stocks touching the barrel and warping with temperature and humidity.

The stock is simply there to give the shooter something to get hold of and the bit under the barrel (forestock?) should not make contact with the barrel at any time.

Sand away as much wood or plastic as you like. The idea of sliding a piece of paper around the barrel is to check that it is not touching. Arguably, the bigger the gap the better.

The idea of a small gap is cosmetic, it just makes the gun look more refined.

Or have I got something wrong here......

Surely most barrels are supposed to float? (Unless designed not to :rolleyes: ) ok ok.....

The idea of the barrel floating is so that nothing disturbs the harmonics and natural twisting when it is fired, that makes for consistency and consequentially, accuracy. It also guards against distortion caused by wood stocks touching the barrel and warping with temperature and humidity.

The stock is simply there to give the shooter something to get hold of and the bit under the barrel (forestock?) should not make contact with the barrel at any time.

Sand away as much wood or plastic as you like. The idea of sliding a piece of paper around the barrel is to check that it is not touching. Arguably, the bigger the gap the better.

The idea of a small gap is cosmetic, it just makes the gun look more refined.

Or have I got something wrong here......

You don't really have anything wrong....but VERY FEW plastic stocks float.

Errrrr, and what about bedded barrels?

And if anyone can make a CZ Rimfire Plastic stock float then I would like to see it!

It took me ages to make my wooden CZ WMR stock float, and that was easy compared to the plastic stocks.

ATB!

CZ synthetic stock is quite flexible,I sanded a lot out of mine but still found I had to mount bipod further back or poi changed if I put any pressure on gun when using bipod.Despite all this the gun is fussy on stock bolt torque settings but very accurate once you get them right

post-3485-0-53565300-1309704640.jpg

post-3485-0-57703800-1309704682.jpg

post-3485-0-15926500-1309704792.jpg

And if anyone can make a CZ Rimfire Plastic stock float then I would like to see it!

Me too, the CZ rimfire stocks are very flexible. I think you'd probably have to insert some kind of stiffening rod into the forend, or possibly half of a round tube bonded into the barrel channel.

The CZ452 varmint in .22 has a floated barrel with a forearm heavy enough for bipod use - it has the front retaining screw attached to the barrel via a dovetailed in metal lug. So is it truely free floating? I would say not, it works just fine though. The HMR and WMR are different in this regards

The CZ452 varmint in .22 has a floated barrel with a forearm heavy enough for bipod use - it has the front retaining screw attached to the barrel via a dovetailed in metal lug. So is it truely free floating? I would say not, it works just fine though. The HMR and WMR are different in this regards

I have one, it has a lot of clearance around the barrel, and as you say it has a dovetailed front mount. I was referring to the plastic stocks on the silhouette and style models. The forend on the plastic stocks is thin and flexible, even if I machined some out I think it would bend up under strain and still touch the barrel unless it had some sort of stiffening added.