O/U for over the fileds.....

teel9964

Hi,

Looking to buy a new gun for over the fields, my current 303 is obviously not suitable, so therefore i need a new gun. My price range is arounf 400-500 or around 900-1000 with trading my current gun in.

Any suggestions? Preferably it would be light and a multi choke. I was looking at a silver pigeon 5 - £1000, not a bad looking gun and was multi choke, but was looking for opinions other than the fella selling the gun. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies so quickly! The gun will be used for ough shooting, and the 303 isnt ideal for walking all day, and some don't feel too comfortable walking beside the gun which I understand, whereas an o/u can be viewed as broken etc.

It's the balance between a field gun and a gun for clays!

Looking to buy a new gun for over the fields, my current 303 is obviously not suitable, so therefore i need a new gun. My price range is arounf 400-500 or around 900-1000 with trading my current gun in.

Another vote for a Lanber O/U. I use a Sporting Deluxe for my rough shooting.Very reliable gun. :good:

I live in ni, does anyone know if I can import a shotgun from mainland uk? There seems to be better range of guns and prices available.

Yep,you can. But it has to come in through an RFD,and they'll charge you a handling fee.

Edited by the enigma

Personal imports from the states is hard work need lots of paperwork both ends and proofing, from mainland to NI i think you may be able to get the ferry over have it but on your NI licence and take it back? Check with PSNI there is an EU form for travelling in the EU with one which saves paying for a UK RFD to ship to an NI RFD to write it on your FAC (but that may still be cheaper than travelling to the UK.

Personal imports from the states is hard work need lots of paperwork both ends and proofing, from mainland to NI i think you may be able to get the ferry over have it but on your NI licence and take it back? Check with PSNI there is an EU form for travelling in the EU with one which saves paying for a UK RFD to ship to an NI RFD to write it on your FAC (but that may still be cheaper than travelling to the UK.

sorry to hijack the O/P but can I ask Dave,is it possible for me to puchase a shotgun from a gun shop in NI ,have it put on my licence ,and bring it back to the main land ?

thanks...john

sorry to hijack the O/P but can I ask Dave,is it possible for me to puchase a shotgun from a gun shop in NI ,have it put on my licence ,and bring it back to the main land ?

thanks...john

NO Idea not something i have done I did look into buying one in europe and bringing it back to the UK where customs write them on to your cert when you arrive (RED channel) with NI it should be more straightforward but its the authority to posses in NI you would struggle with on a UK Sect2, NI FAC in the UK should be easier and your not crossing borders as such, there must be people who have done it before. I think an email to PSNI Firearms Local FLO and BASC would be needed.

Out of interest why? I can see why an NI resident would want to buy on mainland, more choice better prices et but not the otherway round?

I bought an air rifle on the mainland about 18 months ago. The deal was done over the phone,and the dealer sent it over to my RFD,at a cost of £35 for P&P. My dealer then charged me a £30 handling fee. Even with these charges,I still saved enough money on the deal to buy a half decent scope. It was all very straight forward,and went through without a hitch.

NO Idea not something i have done I did look into buying one in europe and bringing it back to the UK where customs write them on to your cert when you arrive (RED channel) with NI it should be more straightforward but its the authority to posses in NI you would struggle with on a UK Sect2, NI FAC in the UK should be easier and your not crossing borders as such, there must be people who have done it before. I think an email to PSNI Firearms Local FLO and BASC would be needed.

Out of interest why? I can see why an NI resident would want to buy on mainland, more choice better prices et but not the otherway round?

There's a shop offering a new trap gun I would like,and it's nearly £500 cheeper over there :good:

john

There's a shop offering a new trap gun I would like,and it's nearly £500 cheeper over there :good:

john

They should be able to ship it to a local RFD to you for a significant saving, as for going to collect it I would say phone them ask and get them to ask PSNI.