2.5 2.8 PAJERO

Gadge-it

I had both. The 2.5 was nice but a bit underpowered. Still got a 2.8swb and love it...but like the others say you won`t get over 25mpg. Took the back seats out and use it as a shoot wagon. Got a smal runabout for everyday use and only use the Paj as a fun bus.

Yep! me too. My 2800 Auto SWB is absolutely the dogs doo-da`s, but the fuel consumption is bad. 23mpg on the motorway but averages around 18/19mpg. Its not got a blasted cam belt but is chain driven which makes it more reliable in muddy situations and a lot less money to service than the 2500 which is under powered by comparison.

Stick a suitable set of tyres on it and it will go absolutely anywhere pulling almost anything.

I took my nephew lamping in it one night when it was absolutely pi**ing down. He WAS an avid Landrover fan and use to do the trials....not any more. He went straight out and got the Pajero. He could not believe where the old 2800 would go..both up down and across in the rain with just A.T tyres on. The super select gear box etc is something to marvel at if you know how to use it properly I tell ya. :yes: This is a truck that was well ahead of it`s time. Just a shame about the mpg. Then again it is originally a tractor engine that Mitsubishi still to this day put in there 7 1/2 ton trucks because of the power. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all

I have a '93 L plate SWB 2.8 with suposedly about 73K miles on the clock and I recon I am getting near 30 on a run if Iam not too heavy with the old right boot.

Off road is a different matter!

I did have to replace the head and water pump when I bought it.

Other than that it is a fairly good old bus.

Nidge