Browning Recoil Pad

Markio

I seem to be getting feeble in my old age and feeling a little thumped about after shoots. First thing i wanted to change was a better recoil pad for my Browning Ultra XSH to soak up some recoil. Anything recommended out there that will fit out of the box?

I'm not a fan of skeet vest although if all else fails it will be a consideration with one of those pads tucked in the shoulder pocket.

I've put on a stone recently, although as most of that is on my gut i'm not convinced it's a gun fit issue.

My youngest is a tall muscular lad of around 15 plus stone. He broke his shoulder at Motocross and ended up with a plate and screws holding it together. Whilst stupidly pumping iron before the shoulder had mended, the plate popped out. Rather than stop - he carried on and caused more damage. The bone grew behind the displaced plate and left him with too much collar bone. One operation later - they ground down the excess bone, but it left him a bit tender. He suffers from recoil more than most.

I bought him a Blaser, which he said recoiled more than my Miroku. I was going down the road of a Kickeez etc, but Bryan at Malmo Guns suggested a shoulder pad - for inside his skeet vest.

One pad later - problem totally solved and a whole lot cheaper.