Gun fit

Hi I have a Lamber 28ins U/O, I shot 6 shots at a pattern plate, taking a rifle-like aim,the patterns all on top of each other, but the bulk of the pellets are 6ins low. I shot 6 shots from a mounting position all 6 on top of each other but again bulk of the shot 6ins low, I also miss clays low. What can I do to put this right,can anyone help me thank you Paul.

Paul, hi.

To help, going to need some help. What distance from the pattern plate? By, "bulk of the pellets are 6" low", do you mean that the centre of the pattern spread was 6" low? How do you know that you're missing low?

Cheers

The centre of the pattern is about 6ins to 8ins low at 16 yards. and a mate standing behind me when shooting clays told me I was shooting low.

Best thing I think you could do is go to your local clay ground and have a lesson with a qualified instructor who could talk to you and advise on gun fit.

As said the comb needs to be altered so you could use a cheap comb raiser for a while and if you want it to look better maybe think about having an adjustable comb put in etc alot out this would be slightly costly.

As others have said book a couple of lessons with a good coach.You will save yourself so much time,effort and disappointment by doing this.The coach will advise you on all aspects of technique like footwork,stance,movement,mount etc and how to bring them all together CONSISTENTLY time after time after time,which is how you become a better shot.That mount has to be consistently in the right place each and every time you do it,and then you can talk about fit.You can practise bad technique and get nowhere,but a coach will show you how to practise good technique.Good luck.

Paul, The cheapest comb raiser you can get is cardboard and tape,more than adequate for experimental purposes.Raise the comb and go back to the pattern plate and repeat what you did before.

If you get the pattern centred or even slightly above then go and try the clays again.

If you improve then think about doing the job permanently.

Stick on comb raisers are very effective but are a hell of a job to remove if you sell the gun.

Vic.