illegal Parking

bucolic

Can anyone tell me is it illegal to park your vehicle on or at the top of dropped kurbs unatended. The reason I ask is that when shooting yesterday i was told by a CSPO that i could not park my car at the top of a dropped kerb unatended. Could anyone direct me to a relevant website? :hmm:

Not sure what you mean by 'at the top of a dropped kerb' exactly?

If you think about a dropped kerb, they're usually situated at access points like a driveway for an example, so if you were to park across a section of dropped kerb you might therefore block such an access/driveway, and IF you were not with the vehicle you wouldn't be in a position to move your vehicle thereby causing an 'unescessary obstruction'

Edited by TaxiDriver

Wymberley

Interesting question - no dropped kerb usually means the premises do not have a Local Authority/Council 'consent' for vehicular access.

When housing developments (estates) are built these are usually included to facilitate the off-street parking deemed necessary by the LA to meet its parking/Local Plan standards.

If not then application has to be made to the LA and then an Approved Contractor has to do the necessary work (public liability insurance, standard of work etc). Consent will be refused if the parking area (including perhaps turning space for classified roads)does not meet standards.

It seems to me that if this application for consent was subsequently refused, likely if the premises are on a classified road and hence need to go through the planning process, to consider likely impact on highway safety of vehicles accessing/egressing the site, then the new occupier may have a case for 'inaccurate/false description' or similar - this assumes they feel strogly enough about it and have the wherewithall to pursue the matter..........

I have known bollards be put up to prevent this where the LA consent has been refused. Over to you.....

L