Bucket spin top seat.

I've seen them in green & camo with a firm foan seat covered in camo material.

Described in the shops as silent spin.

Handy to store or carry some shooting kit.

A good comfy height for shooting & the spin feature is really worth it's weight in gold when you spot a crooser late & need to react quickly :good:

I know old buckets or tubs, crates & whatever can be had for nowt but are they the cause of some missed shots & the cause of the dreaded numb bum :rolleyes:

Of course it won't turn you into a lightning quick super dooper marksman but I'm sure these spin seats do add to the day & certainly worth getting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GUNVIDER?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/lwlHUDhAnIs

they are durable as well - mine has had my well fed **** sat on it for three years without any problems. apart from the screw underneath the seat which occasionally comes loose. good bit of kit - i also know that you can get one from the states including postage for about £28 :good:

ps -good vids too, a blend of informative, 80's H&S and a terrorist video, with a bit of shooting at the end!! keep it up :good:

I have one and they are very strong and great for additional storage.

However, I only use mine for short sessions as I find them a bit low for sitting on for long periods and they make my back and thighs ache.

I did use my shooting stick for longer sessions, but thats not too comfortable because of the small seat area (I have a large seat :) ).

I bought a folding adjustable seat from UKSW which has large round padded seat.

Its probably the best shooting seat I have ever had.

No more back ache, or sciatica spasms and I can sit on it for 6-8 hour sessions with no problems.

I have one of the cabella bucket seats, I like it and especially because it's a clean dry area to carry bits; in mine I keep 12 flocked shells, spring sticks, turbo flapper, battery, remote units for flapper, speed controller for magnet, wooden skewers for propping up dead birds, pegs for the hide, fuses.

Very sturdy and I find it quite comfortable to shoot from and a decent height to stand from. Good investment in my view

However, I only use mine for short sessions as I find them a bit low for sitting on for long periods and they make my back and thighs ache.

I did use my shooting stick for longer sessions, but thats not too comfortable because of the small seat area (I have a large seat :) ).

No more back ache, or sciatica spasms and I can sit on it for 6-8 hour sessions with no problems.

Is that the one that spins also? I have a spinning top seat but just a bucket-type, I long for the same sort of seat but with a backrest!

Is that the one that spins also? I have a spinning top seat but just a bucket-type, I long for the same sort of seat but with a backrest!

It doesn't spin, but the size of the seat area makes it very easy to twist in any direction.

Being able to use it on uneven ground, adjust the height easily and its sturdiness, are the best features.

The only one I have seen with a back rest are the Idleback range and they are seriously expensive.

I bought one with tubular frame and the spin seat from the bay £40+ it also has a back rest and is 22" high so good to stand up from..

You can either use the back rest or fold it down to give all round shooting.. :good: :good:

I looked at one of those, but was put off by the lack of "mud feet".

In my area, if your seat doesn't have "mud feet", or a flat bottom, you just sink into the ground. :/

I looked at one of those, but was put off by the lack of "mud feet".

In my area, if your seat doesn't have "mud feet", or a flat bottom, you just sink into the ground. :/

yep i'm with you on that one mud feet are a must one side sinks and before you know it you are all lopsided and out of shape not comfy :/

The bucket seat is good,,But makes my bum ache after a short while,So i have bought one of those folding seats,,Much better,,One thing though,i paid £4.99 for the seat in a shop two streets away,The same seat in a gun or tackle shop --£25. 00,,,and yes it is the same seat ??.,, So i use the bucket when i go fishing as a guest seat,and it also carries a lot of bits & peices...And shop around if your looking for those seats,!.

I didn't know swivel seats with backrests existed, well you learn something new everyday !!

I'm still in favour of the bucket version though, soft ground isn't a problem plus carrying capacity & storage while shooting is the bonus prize for me.

I also don't like the idea of relaxing, ok when fishing, you notice a bite then get yourself ready for the next, when shooting quite often you have little reaction time so when your lounging against the back rest your giveing the birds an instant advantage.

Whilst comfort is a priority for some shooters with say back problems I think carefull consideration is needed to why you want a certain product.

Personally for years I avoided any sort of seat, I walked to my shoot & needed to carry as least as possible, with transport now available I can carry more deeks & a seat reduces fiddeting & general movement when looking around the skies to see if anything is flying around.

When shooting from a hide you shoot within a small angle so possibly any seat will do but I sit in front of a bush without a net & shoot with 180d's available so spin seats are an asset.

Accesory selection is based on what do I need not what I want.

For me swivel seat buckets have all the box's ticked when I looked for a seat & since seeing all the replies I still think so.

Some good coments & info though so any more ??

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought for a simple diy seat & cheap too if you can scrounge for free.

Get two big drums ? buckets ?

Cut one into a backrest shape & bolt the base onto the complete bottom drum or bucket, add a bit of foam or an old chair cushion.

If they are the same size / shape to start with they should fit together nicely.