Yippeeee I am getting free electric

DSPUK

Biggest con ever!

It is everyone that is paying for them in high bills and taxes.

The FIT are starting already to be cut back. It was in the news a couple of days ago about a company that laid these things out in a field, hundreds of them, hoping to get loads of cash, but the government has capped the Kw to about 50Kw or about the size of the average roof.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/8309406/Review-to-stop-solar-farms-sucking-up-all-the-subsidies.html

And as for them been green, look at all the energy they needed in making them.

Coal is still the only green way forward.

50kw is 217 amps think you got your wires crossed :lol::lol::lol:

50kw is 217 amps think you got your wires crossed :lol::lol::lol:

No!

I did say 50kw or the the size of an average house install.

I was not sure which, I was not referring that 50Kw and a house set are the same value.

50kw as the link says is about 20 houses.

Point is they have stopped them cashing in from you and me.

Thanks for the feedback -- just to clear up a few points - this is supposed to cost me nothing - the company "Homesun" will get all the FiT payments - there is no cost to me in anything - ie - the company maintain them and fit them - Also by time the 25 yrs are up both me and mrs's will be pushing up daisies - we have no one to leave house to so don't really care - if council want it to pay for our care then let them sort out any lease diss-agreements. - On the other hand after reading one of the links I only get to save approx £70 a year for all the hassle of having panels on roof.

I have a feeling this is going to be a no goer. - I for one will not waste any of my money on green issues - biggest con ever invented.

Dave

I have a feeling this is going to be a no goer. - I for one will not waste any of my money on green issues - biggest con ever invented.

Dave

You already are - who do you think pays for all those subsidies that are propping up these "free" solar panel, insulation and energy saving lightbulb deals?

Basically, if you can afford to buy the panels yourself, you'll make money off them, guaranteed, it'll take many years to pay though. You'll also be able to store the power for use at night.

If these guys put them on your roof, they take all the profit from them and you only get to use the power when it's sunny, during the day so still good if you adjust your habits, use appliances during the day, set timers on things, get storage heaters etc.

Essentially, if they pay, they take the profit. If you pay, you take it.

Basically, if you can afford to buy the panels yourself, you'll make money off them, guaranteed, it'll take many years to pay though. You'll also be able to store the power for use at night.

Best description yet.

Ignore nearly all the other posts here: truly, a little knowledge is a bad thing.

If these guys put them on your roof, they take all the profit from them and you only get to use the power when it's sunny, during the day so still good if you adjust your habits, use appliances during the day, set timers on things, get storage heaters etc.

if you have a white meter setting your appliances to work during the day will cost you money especially if its cloudy

No!

I did say 50kw or the the size of an average house install.

I was not sure which, I was not referring that 50Kw and a house set are the same value.

50kw as the link says is about 20 houses.

teach me not to read prop sorry m8

Point is they have stopped them cashing in from you and me.

sorry m8 didnt read prop

Edited by imissalot

Just to BTTT as we have just my neighbour round about these and they have an agent coming to see them about it.....for me something just dont add up with it all

you dont get 100% free leccy..just when the sun is shining during the day

You pay them for any you use when its not shining

they get the payment every year for us having them

:hmm:

From what I gathered you get free electric from the panels when it's producing but you pay your normal supplier for what you use from grid - The idea being my electric bill won't go up much but downside is having someone else's panels on your roof -- I will give it a miss as I am too long in tooth now and won't see any benefit in my lifetime.

Dave