243 which one...

Archie-fox

ok here we go...ive a buget of £1000 and im after a new 243.. ive just sold my howa as it was too heavy.

im looking for somthing lite and reliable was thinking of a browning x-bolt or a tikka...

its mainly for foxing on hill farms so in the budget i need a scope for lamping...

any ideas???

thanks

are you including the scope in that £1000? if so i should select that first, you can make most guns shoot but the same cant be said for scopes. Most new guns will outshoot most users in the field. Personally i am totally unimpressed by new budjet centrefires the rifles of ten years or so ago were so much better built IMO and i might look for a good seconhand rifle that had seen little use for say £500 and spend the rest on the scope. .243" shoots out a barrel pretty quick but some guns only do a couple of boxes of ammo a year :good:

Why not an A-Bolt? They're selling them off cheap since the X-Bolt came out - £450 should get you a new one leaving £550 for a scope. I just got one in .223 and it seems after a detailed look to be a decent rifle. I'll be running in and zeroing on the range tomorrow so I'll follow up my post if I change my mind re. the quality of it. :good: