nice roe

camokid

i give up

i have wrote three times now a nice story on how i got him and the laptop has crashed not sure if this one will work but here goes.

anyway nice buck bin after him a while took him yesterday morning.

2v327v8.jpg

skinned

21nla3s.jpg

and the head not a medal winner but still a nice one

wss0zl.jpg

vry5qa.jpg

thanks andy

It will make a medal fella so well done.Should dry down to the 540ish mark or there abouts if its just been cleaned.Take off 90 deduction and that will give you around the 45 points for dry weight.Give it roughly 50 for volume,12 for length and you have a bronze already.The span and beauty points could well take it into silver although it has poorish coronets,colour and pealing.Good stuff.

Looking again and the colour is actually not too bad at all so would be average.I think the span would score very low although not too sure without the measurements.

Edited by sako751sg

thanks for that sako75 i will look into the measurments a bit more i new it was a good head but didnt no it was medal good. i will let you know in a few days what the weight settels at.

i have seen him twice now chase of other bucks in his field they really didnt want to mess with him i can see why

thanks andy :good:

thanks for that sako75 i will look into the measurments a bit more i new it was a good head but didnt no it was medal good. i will let you know in a few days what the weight settels at.

i have seen him twice now chase of other bucks in his field they really didnt want to mess with him i can see why

thanks andy :good:

If you measure both beams from base of coronet to the tip of the top tine,average it,then take the span at the widest point,all in mm,and divide the span by the length and multiply by 100 then you will get the span as a percentage of the length.If you are not sure just post the sizes and someone will work it out fella.

Great looking buck there Andy , what a head ! looks like a medal head to me mate shame about the write up , but at least you managed to get the pics on :good::good:

steve i had lost the will to live after it crashed and lost the lot 3 times i did not think the laptop was going to see midnight lol :angry: :angry: :angry:

im pleased you think its a medal i really didnt no. thanks

If you measure both beams from base of coronet to the tip of the top tine,average it,then take the span at the widest point,all in mm,and divide the span by the length and multiply by 100 then you will get the span as a percentage of the length.If you are not sure just post the sizes and someone will work it out fella.

il give it ago tonight thanks for that fingers crossed. i have just done a nice munty head so will send together if its worth it many thanks sako

right had a go and came up with this?????

left beam base to tip 20 cm

right beam base to tip 22.5 cm

weight still at 600 g

widest piont 8.5 cm

i had 540 in mind

The span comes to span divided by av length x 100 which is roughly 85 divided by 212 x 100=40. percent,and i think that is 2 points.

If the head doesnt lose much more weight it should be a silver for sure.Post the weight in a week or two of it sitting on a radiator and it shouldnt lose much after that.