Shakespeare Ugly Stik

tikka tom

The original Ugly Stik is a cracking rod. Almost unbreakable in normal fishing situations. I use one for spinning and light ledgering off the kayak because if a good fish suddenyl dives under the boat, I know that the rod will take it without snapping at the butt as so many rods would do.

I have had one of the little 5ft ultra light spinning rods about 30 yrs now. Had at leat three fish over 20lb on it, which is just plain freaky as an experiance but it held up ok. As a salmon spinning rod i am not sure they were made over about 8ft which is a bit short for Salmon spinning generally and they are heavy for thier size in comparisom to modern day carbons

after my recent experience with a snapped shakespeare fly rod and their woeful attitude from customer services I would suggest steering clear of anything shakespeare!

Have a look at a seller on the bay called tackle discounts, he was recommended to me on here and a new fly rod arrived very promptly and for £22.50 delivered I am very pleased with it and not too worried about bashing it...the online reviews compare them to Sage and Loomis rods as well!

Anthony