ultrafire torches

remy 700

I have used an Ultrafire 501B. I also used the charger and batteries that they supply. It worked fine for the first few nights, but then wouldn't turn on until you twisted the head sometimes, it now occasionally flickers instead of having a constant beam every now and then. The charger had no instructions, so I wasn't sure what the single light on it meant. Was it charged or charging, overcharging and about to burst into flames/song/flower etc.

I think the one I borrowed was about £35 all in for the kit. Beam was fine but I couldn't say I was impressed; it was certainly budget...

I bought a 2nd hand Ledray GL4 from a PW member for £30 and it is much better made. I would spend the extra for the Ledray even if I had to buy a new one.

Try fenix, I have the LD20 (2 AA) and the TK15 (2 CR123)

The LD20 is a great work light, 180 lumens, wide spill, and good for 20+ meters with a red filter.

The TK15 is different beast, 337 lumens, big head throws a great beam. 100m easily with red filter, 200+ without. one inch diameter body allows it to be affixed to scopes easily (or 12b barrel :yes: ) I run it on 18650 rechargeable batteries, and it lasts for ages. You can even get a pressure switch for it :good:

Not cheap, but well, well worth the money

Heinnie do a Nextorch hunting kit for about £30.00 c/w pressure switch et al.

I'd go for that but my Aldi 3w cree on a gun mount provides ample light for bunnies out to 75 yards. Runs on 2xAA batteries. When they have them up for sale again there is bound to be an alert on here !

Heinnie do a Nextorch hunting kit for about £30.00 c/w pressure switch et al.

I'd go for that but my Aldi 3w cree on a gun mount provides ample light for bunnies out to 75 yards. Runs on 2xAA batteries. When they have them up for sale again there is bound to be an alert on here !

I bought a Cree torch from LIDL, just to use when walking back to my car etc, and I'm very impressed at the long range beam that it throws.

All this for (I think) £6.99

I've had a WF501-B for a few years now, never let me down. Cheaper if you go straight to dealextreme.com rather than paying a middleman on ebay. I would say though that for hunting you can't beat a proper bulb (Halogen/Xenon etc). LED light is very white so filters will drastically reduce the brightness and unfiltered it's a very "cold" light that makes things look "a bit washed out" (hard to explain). For example, a rabbit against a hedge blends into the background much more under LED than they do with Halogen.