bonus!!!

killer rabbit (r1000)

Maybe they don't quite count towards "Mods"...but these make it look great....the first thing I did to my Engima Deluxe was Wierauch Silencer, Simmons AETEC Scope (with BKL mounts) and Sunshade, Harris Bipod and Leather sling...looks Great now! lol and shoots just as well!

-Andrew

When i had my qb78 i thought the stock was ugly, especialy with the inch thick layer of....stuff on it. I decided to give it the ags pcr1 works. It looked pretty good but i forgot about the weight difference and it became grossly front heavy. :drinks: Luckily i had some old fishing weights banging around. melted them down in a mould and strapped the finishing product neatly on the end of the butt.

problem solved :blush:

Maybe they don't quite count towards "Mods"...but these make it look great....the first thing I did to my Engima Deluxe was Wierauch Silencer, Simmons AETEC Scope (with BKL mounts) and Sunshade, Harris Bipod and Leather sling...looks Great now! lol and shoots just as well!

-Andrew

:drinks: any kind of improvement (cosmetic or otherwise) is a mod in my book, including the ugly ones. don't be embarrassed, i would like to hear about them all... :blush:

I've bullpupped a Crosman 1077. Added cutdown skeleton stock, cut the barrel to 14", enlarged the chamber, transferred the trigger mech with two bike spokes and a Crosman Repeatair pistol trigger. One open reddot sight later, I've got a very compact 12-shot repeater. 18.25" from muzzle to rear of stock.

the best mod i have ever had done to any of my rifles is getting my spring rifles tuned, as long as you have the work done by someone who knows what they are doing the rifle can be turned into a totaly different rifle. Im lucky in the fact tht i have a very good gunsmith who comes to the club with us, so all my work is done with him, his prices are good, his work is excellent just dont ask when it will be done :angry:

ROB :angry:

depends whether you consider them mods, myself I reckon more of a neccesity? ie my two air rifles

both mk1 rapids change barrels,change stock have the "gubbins" worked / tweaked polished, re ported, quietened, turn them to full fac spec of 30lbs and 40lbs respective, whilst at the same time retaining a VERY useable shot count and a 400cc cylinder, then sticking awt silencers on both, and have it all done at less than the cost of an off the shelf fac rapid, to me = perfection

cheers KW

Do you consider paintball markers air weapons?

If you do, there's not much I haven't done: Replaced regulators for higher flow models, bored out valve chambers, replaced triggers and shortened/lightened pulls, replaced bolts with PTFE ones with higher flows, different barrels, differenty air systems, the list goes on.

As for normal air rifles, I made a sling from a Dell Laptop case for my current rifle. Very comfy!

Wookie

I made myself a stock for my S310 - American Black Walnut, R/H thumbhole, with pistol grip. It has stippling on the pistol and fore end grips. I made it a coupl of inches longer than the standard length stock 'coz i wasn't entirely happy with the original length - don't get me wrong, i like the original and still use it. But i felt that the rifle would benefit from a bit of wooden protection around the filling valve.

Not a mod but an essential add on, any very good silencer. Best chuckle ever is when you nail a rabbit (ok I hate bunnies, its not a secret, just a personality flaw. It probably had something to do with a traumatic event in my childhood.) and its friend looks at his mate as if to say "what the hells wrong with you?" as you reload. :P

I've bullpupped a Crosman 1077. Added cutdown skeleton stock, cut the barrel to 14", enlarged the chamber, transferred the trigger mech with two bike spokes and a Crosman Repeatair pistol trigger. One open reddot sight later, I've got a very compact 12-shot repeater. 18.25" from muzzle to rear of stock.

:yp: i know, i've seen it :o cheers for that jim! :good:

depends whether you consider them mods, myself I reckon more of a neccesity? ie my two air rifles

both mk1 rapids change barrels,change stock have the "gubbins" worked / tweaked polished, re ported, quietened, turn them to full fac spec of 30lbs and 40lbs respective, whilst at the same time retaining a VERY useable shot count and a 400cc cylinder, then sticking awt silencers on both, and have it all done at less than the cost of an off the shelf fac rapid, to me = perfection

cheers KW

:yp: you have sense, the best thing you can do to a rapid is have the whole thing remade, particularly the port system (i've heard of so many problems with them, ie. seals blowing through the entire system :o :o :o :o :o ). other rapid parts (especially the barrel & the air cylinder if it's the american one, the brittish ones tend to leak) are very useful for creating an entirely new weapon if you know someone who can do this :P

Do you consider paintball markers air weapons?

If you do, there's not much I haven't done: Replaced regulators for higher flow models, bored out valve chambers, replaced triggers and shortened/lightened pulls, replaced bolts with PTFE ones with higher flows, different barrels, differenty air systems, the list goes on.

As for normal air rifles, I made a sling from a Dell Laptop case for my current rifle. Very comfy!

Wookie

:yp: anything that uses a compressed air source (or other gas) to eject a projectile is legally classed as an air weapon, this includes spring-loaded plastic bb guns. you have the right idea & i'd love to hear more :good:

:yp: love the signature dr nick :good::good:;);):):):lol::lol::lol::lol:

My mate had his Mk3 Daystate bulpupped.

Wont say anything about his Air Ranger, His Airwolf, the Steyer or anything else that has modded....Lets just say that Daystate were very interested.......

He has done various "Tweaks" to my X2.

Hes venomised my Tx200 and I think that I might just change the barrel to a .177....

:good: i'm thinking of having my bsa spitfire used for parts to a completely new rifle :good: - it will supply the barrell & trigger / hammer mech. forget the rest, other parts will be built from scratch. will include a 1l american-made air cylinder (air-arms type), which could give me around 700 shots at 11fp off one charge! :good: (i know of a man who can :good: ). i haven't decided what to call it yet, any ideas? Edited by killer rabbit (r1000)

;) i'm thinking of having my bsa spitfire used for parts to a completely new rifle :lol: - it will supply the barrell & trigger / hammer mech. forget the rest, other parts will be built from scratch. will include a 1l american-made air cylinder (air-arms type), which could give me around 700 shots at 11fp off one charge! :good: (i know of a man who can :blink: ). i haven't decided what to call it yet, any ideas?

A Typhoon

• 2 weeks later...

:yp: i'm thinking of having my bsa spitfire used for parts to a completely new rifle :huh: - it will supply the barrell & trigger / hammer mech. forget the rest, other parts will be built from scratch. will include a 1l american-made air cylinder (air-arms type), which could give me around 700 shots at 11fp off one charge! :huh: (i know of a man who can :o ). i haven't decided what to call it yet, any ideas?

A Typhoon

:o good start, keep 'em coming! :good:

:yp: i'm thinking of having my bsa spitfire used for parts to a completely new rifle :huh: - it will supply the barrell & trigger / hammer mech. forget the rest, other parts will be built from scratch. will include a 1l american-made air cylinder (air-arms type), which could give me around 700 shots at 11fp off one charge! :huh: (i know of a man who can :o ). i haven't decided what to call it yet, any ideas?

A Typhoon

:o good start, keep 'em coming! :good:

Hurricane......

Meteor has already been done.....

Vulcan.........think thats been done too..

Mosquito.......now thats a good un...

Dont call it a mesherschmit........

Its got to be Old Skool..............

You dont want anything yank like

Mustang.

PT.

Wildcat.

Keep it british......

:yp: i currently possess:-

'shotgun' - crossman ratcatcher with small led torch fitted, beretta top-point red dot sight, hushpower silencer, .177 smoothbore & soon to get a hopper feed for steel bb's (can fire 1-5 each time, optimum is 1-3 for decent grouping at 25 yards) :huh:

'little b******' - glassblasted sheridan pistol with aluminium bullpup stock (includes storage for 4 co2 bulbs), cheekplate, front grip, tasco mini-mag red dot sight, .177 rifled & soon to get a hopper feed for lead bb's & a steel cocking bolt :good:

'wmd' - the webley of mass destruction, webley stingray (venom-tuned & it kicks like a mule!). left as is (.177 rifled, open sight, weihrauch silencer adaptor, no other attachments) :o

haven't given my others names yet, but i'm working on them!..................

................mmmmmmmmmmmm - meal ticket? (i have a school meal token i can stick on the end of a silencer.......) :huh:

Best mod I ever did was BINNING a B2 it looked so much better in the bin :yp:

Other than that modding my old Stealths was an absorbing task i just never knew when to quit till the SGC came along :lol:

Then they went into the cabinet to collect dust till i sold them :lol:

Also modded my Falcon FN19

and am going to mod my QB78 also.

May i point out these are all asthetical mods and NOT power mods though :/

LG

Best mod I ever did was BINNING a B2 it looked so much better in the bin :/

Other than that modding my old Stealths was an absorbing task i just never knew when to quit till the SGC came along :no:

Then they went into the cabinet to collect dust till i sold them :yp:

Also modded my Falcon FN19

and am going to mod my QB78 also.

May i point out these are all asthetical mods and NOT power mods though :lol:

LG

:lol: as long as you're happy with the finished product then that's all good, everyone has their preferences (i like my mods to have function even if they're ugly, i think of it as a learning curve so i can do the job better next time) :yp: :D

• 3 weeks later...
:lol: i'm thinking of having my bsa spitfire used for parts to a completely new rifle :) - it will supply the barrell & trigger / hammer mech. forget the rest, other parts will be built from scratch. will include a 1l american-made air cylinder (air-arms type), which could give me around 700 shots at 11fp off one charge! :good: (i know of a man who can :( ). i haven't decided what to call it yet, any ideas?

:( thinking..........shirley (it's gonna put one straight to the temple :):blush: )

:lol: i currently possess:-

'shotgun' - crossman ratcatcher with small led torch fitted, beretta top-point red dot sight, hushpower silencer, .177 smoothbore & soon to get a hopper feed for steel bb's (can fire 1-5 each time, optimum is 1-3 for decent grouping at 25 yards) :)

'little b******' - glassblasted sheridan pistol with aluminium bullpup stock (includes storage for 4 co2 bulbs), cheekplate, front grip, tasco mini-mag red dot sight, .177 rifled & soon to get a hopper feed for lead bb's & a steel cocking bolt :good:

'wmd' - the webley of mass destruction, webley stingray (venom-tuned & it kicks like a mule!). left as is (.177 rifled, open sight, weihrauch silencer adaptor, no other attachments) :(

haven't given my others names yet, but i'm working on them!..................

................mmmmmmmmmmmm - meal ticket? (i have a school meal token i can stick on the end of a silencer.......) :)

I see you have a shotgun conversion on your ratcatcher, i was thinking of getting one for mine, is it worth it?

I see you have a shotgun conversion on your ratcatcher, i was thinking of getting one for mine, is it worth it?

:) well worth it. all you need is a .177 smoothbore barell & bolt kit. best used with steel bb's but works fairly well with lead bb's, cannot use pellets as they are too tight (bore is more like .175). :good: