fud

Guest 8686pip

Every time I use my fuds they seem to work. There aren't many pigeons in the area I shoot but when they see the fuds they come in. Sometimes they will land amongst them and feed and other times they will nearly land then fly off. Enough time to get a shot though. A lot seems to depend on the pattern, like most decoys.

Slow to put up

no movement

Don't go in hard ground

too dark

To small

ducks don't seem to float well

Not for me shells or silosocks I like ;)

As above, pigeons ok no better than shells (not tried much) but duck decoys that sink half way up the body? :no: Added a slice of the tube foam floats that they use in swimming pools under the body and they work much better.

are the fud decoys any good any 1 no

Like anything I think the pigeons get used to them and if you regularly shoot the same fields they can shy away from any decoys .

On their day mine work well but a bit fiddly and slow to put out .I have seen some Prodecoys that look better , try googling them .

I used 6 crow FUDS and 6 pigeon FUDs with 1 floater on Thursday. We enjoyed steady birds from when we set up at 2:30 untill the pigeon dried up around 6:30. I used no other decoys in the patern, and dead birds were removed on a regular basis.

webber

Edited by webber