Need your thoughts on who to market something to...

Thelongwayup

Need some help on this one guys, 3 of us are doing a charity drive with some competitions to raise money for the RNLI. We have been approaching companies for sponsorship and goods to give away as prizes for our competitions. So far we have had a really good response on our request for goods. However, one of the prizes is an electric outboard motor. A Flover 33T outboard. Now here comes our problem, who to market it to in our competitions and press releases? Would wildfowlers be interested in it? We have had a press release in Angling times so far detailing what we are doing and when but wondered how best to 'market' the prize?

We already have one competition running for a load of fishing gear with a total prize of over £300 now and rising weekly at the minute. Also go another donation today to add to the main prize.

So, how do we market the outboard and who to, to raise as much money as possible for our challenge??????? :/

Our site is listed below. If you go to the links, you'll see pigeon watch is on there. I spoke to Teal the other week to ask him if he was okay with me listing our challenge on here. So in exchange for a link back he has given us the go ahead. Cheers again mate. :good:

www.bloodylongwayup.com

We are also on facebook.

Oh and to push my luck further, if any company want to support us, then get in touch. We're open to all offers...well, to a degree. :lol:

Cheers.

agree with that last comment....i`d be aiming at anglers...or possibly yacht/boat owners that have moorings but not at quayside...electric outboards are often used on tenders to get to and from said boats....so yachting and boating magazines might be worth a try as well.

james

We have downloaded a list of angling clubs and will be looking to mailshot them a leaflet to see if they would post it in their clubhouse/pub meeting spot or however they meet.

Fingers crossed once we print shedloads of leaflets off and post them we may get some interest in the motor.

Any other ideas are also very gratefully recieved.

Cheers. :good:

Hi there it would be well worth approaching sailing clubs like Rutland Sailing Club that operate on Anglian Water

reservoirs,their byelaws do not allow the use of internal combustion engines on the water so you have two choices,

rowing or an electric outboard. Good luck and atb handy

Hi there it would be well worth approaching sailing clubs like Rutland Sailing Club that operate on Anglian Water

reservoirs,their byelaws do not allow the use of internal combustion engines on the water so you have two choices,

Sailing clubs.....Hadn't honestly thought about them as I assumed (probably wrongly..) that they used wind for power and not engines.

I shall look into that though now. Cheers Handy. :good:

Hi again yes they do use wind power when sailing but they also use rowing boats and dinghies to get to the

yachts if they are moored offshore and also to bring the yachts in to the side for repairs or when taking out

of the water to put on a trailer,glad to be of help atb handy

So what about all the fishing boats then they are not run by electric motors.????

• 4 weeks later...

Handy4454 can you pm me your postal details please mate. As I spoke with my mate today and we both agreed your post was the most helpful/informative.

We will forward on to you a free balaclava/beanie or set of thermal gloves or over socks, whichever you prefer. Let me know what hand size or shoe size you are and we will have a look and see which sizes we have to suit or which you would prefer.

If you want, i'll post pics of each one and see which you would get most use out of. :good:

You could approach some of the larger fishing suppliers like John Norris and The Glasgow Angling centre etc. online. I recieve an email from each of them at least twice a week. They also advertise different bits and pieces at the bottom of their adverts. It may be worth asking them if they could include an advert to your competition and other details. Even if its just a brief description with a link to the main information.

You may have a bit of luck with either of them seeing as its for a good cause. Especially seeing as the RNLI safeguard all anglers wheter fishing out at sea or from the shore.

We have already posted on fishing forums. Been banned from a few too for asking if we can post details. We are on Facebook too and post regularly on there. We have also contacted large fishing companies too. Glasgow angling are already one of our sponsors and supporting us. John Norris couldn't be bothered to reply to us.