1st hare

buckaroo23

Dont know why op has removed this post as there are plenty posts on here showing hares that have been lamped and i dont believe it is illegal there are certain criteria which allows lamping hares.

taken from previous discussion of this topic:

It is NOT illegal to lamp hares on enclosed land (farmland whether (or not) enclosed by hedges, fences or ditches is classed as enclosed). They can equally be classed as unwanted vermin

Edited by remmy1100

Hi All

The wildlife and countryside act 1981 allow the shooting of hares under certain conditions.Some of you people out there haven't got a clue, you are going out shooting without even knowing what you can legally shoot.Perhaps now is the time to bring in exams.Don't know if the original poster complies with these conditions.

Geordie

Err what are the exceptions then?

Ahhhh

i believe it is illegal only to shoot hares at night on unenclosed land ie moorland ect and needs to be done by landowner or his agent ie person with permission from him

maybee buckaroo will reply to this putting things to bed by confirming he was acting under these conditions :good:

Edited by remmy1100

Hi All

The wildlife and countryside act 1981 allow the shooting of hares under certain conditions.Some of you people out there haven't got a clue, you are going out shooting without even knowing what you can legally shoot.Perhaps now is the time to bring in exams.Don't know if the original poster complies with these conditions.

Geordie

Keep ur pants on boyo!!! Mind I don't shoot hares ever regardless just my permissions rules! ;)

right the hare was shot at 1930, it had only just got dark so im in the one hour mark, the reason the lamp was used to make sure it was a animal i could shoot, as this has caused a bit of a fuss i will not shoot hares unless its broad day light,and if this is wrong still im sorry its a genuine mistake.

I have read both code of pratice and terms of general licence,

If you know you were within the letter of the licence/law - i'd be inclined to put the picture back up. If you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide. Unless it was a gratuitous messy blood shot, nobody needs to see that. We all know what happens and it is unnecessary.

Personally, I don't generally shoot Hares but that's just me. Still nothing wrong with it ;)

Good eating there fella. I had to take a few off my shoot last week as poachers have been driving onto crop fields, the local game dealer was delighted as he has had loads of people after them recently (must have been cooked on a tv programme).

You will find a lot of people who are against shooting hares (legally) like to watch them being chased (illegally).

its like sitting in class room full of non shooters if it was shot with air rifle then jump on him but we are all killers on here

well sum are i think get a grip and shoot all the big rabbits im on over 200 see how that gets them barkin that 200 less for

dale farm brigade to chase round my land