HELP. The waiting is killing me

Hi to all p w folks. Fairly new to shooting but sent my licence application off on the 15th of this month and got a call from the FAO on the 28th saying he would be doing my home visit a week later. My problem is that he's coming this Friday but the cheaque I sent still hasn't been cashed. I have read that if u get a home visit you have passed the background checks and just got to pass the home visit but it is worrying me why the cheque hasn't been cashed yet. My shooting buddy has allowed me to buy my shotgun under his name and keeps it at his but I'm desperate to get my licence as I'm addicted to clay shooting at the mo. Can Anyone shead any light on this for me as everywhere I've read says the cheque get cashed straight away. I'm in Manchester if that helps. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. Mike

Can Anyone shead any light on this for me as everywhere I've read says the cheque get cashed straight away.

Not sure where this comes from. I would not start jumping to conclusions. Manchester are one, if not the, fastest Force in the country. They are also the easiest to deal with - very professional and efficient.

Hi all. Just spoke to the FEO and they have sent it to be cashed just takes a while apparently. I'm Soooooooo excited it's like waiting for the best Xmas present ever. It makes it worse that I've already got my shotgun but my mate been too busy with work to go and use it yet so it's just sat in his cabinate. Home visit is on my birthday aswell. Must be fate

I put mine in 5 weeks ago with Bed & Herts Pol and I am still waiting. Had the home visit which I believe went well. The FEO did call about 7 days to double check the date of burglary we'd had at home but like you I am still waiting.

Have my eye on a Browning 525 at Sporting Targets in Risely too !!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all p w folks. Fairly new to shooting but sent my licence application off on the 15th of this month and got a call from the FAO on the 28th saying he would be doing my home visit a week later. My problem is that he's coming this Friday but the cheaque I sent still hasn't been cashed. I have read that if u get a home visit you have passed the background checks and just got to pass the home visit but it is worrying me why the cheque hasn't been cashed yet. My shooting buddy has allowed me to buy my shotgun under his name and keeps it at his but I'm desperate to get my licence as I'm addicted to clay shooting at the mo. Can Anyone shead any light on this for me as everywhere I've read says the cheque get cashed straight away. I'm in Manchester if that helps. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. Mike

Hi there

I am from Manchester, took 3 weeks start to finish. As far as cheque goes, as long as it has been accepted as paid you do not have to worry.

Just make sure that the cabinet is well sited and if anything, over secure to back and base so it can not be rocked in any direction.

be patient, GMP are renowned as the quickest. One you have had your visit, it will probably drop on the welcome mat the following week.

Be safe and enjoy your shooting

Don

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat. I've heard on here of people sending off their application and the cheque being banked almost immediately. They have had my application for some time now - I called last week to confirm that they had it and theytold me thay had a record of the app. and said it was with the field officer now, but the cheque has still not been cashed. I'm trying to forget about it, but would love to have it for xmas! Patience is a virtue and all that! :look: