Bird Table

WelshLamb

I've been stocking up for winter, I've already got 3 feeders and a table but through I'd increase this with

a large multi perch feeder and tray,

a nyger feeder and tray

20kg of premium bird feed

25kg of nyger seeds

10kg of chopped peanuts

3kg of mealworms

I'm also going to get some vegetable lard, make a seed mix and refil the half coconuts I bought last year. I read that vegetable lard was more easily digested than meat lard as I'm not sure birds should be eat meat products.

Last year we had loads of great tits, black birds, sparrows, blue tits, a few collared doves, the odd woody (so tempting) and a green woodpecker. There were some other interesting ones but I didn't identify them. The crows and magpies from the field at the back keep trying to muscle in but they get chased off. Hoping to get some more varieties this year.

I'll put up a pic once I get it set up.

I seem to have spent years finding the ultimate wild bird food-sunflower seed hearts.Everything devours them and flocks of Greenfinches and Goldfinches were everyday visitors.Then next door got 2 cats that killed just about all of them in a space of a couple of months-including the Male from a pair of Blackcaps-after huge row with neighbours I dont feed the birds anymore. :angry:

After time spent watching birds at Centre Parcs recently we had a little spend up yesterday.

Some vouchers from gardening club plus some good offers at the local Squires. We got a fat ball ring that holds 10, 2 x 4 pearch sed feeders, a mesh/log peanut holder.

Loads of seed and fat balls all 2 for 1. Plus some suet with mealworms for an old feeder.

All hung from a big tree in the garden and already gathering interest. Mainly tits :good: of the blue variety.