Eventful Weekend

ollie

We had our first syndicate shoot on Saturday, great weather and a great showing of birds. We were just trying to get the groups of birds split a bit and take a few birds. We ended up with 7 pheasants & 1 Woodcock. I forgot my camera so no photo.

We were finished up quite early so we headed off to a farm which are having quite a problem with feral pigeons. So 3 of us spread across the farm yard and had a good couple of hours sport. Final total not sure of as we dropped a few birds on barn roofs, but it was in the region of 30 or 40.

PICT0383.jpg

On Saturday night we decided to go out for a spot of lamping. A mate of mine has never shot a fox with a centrefire rifle so I told him I would take him out some night and break his duck. We had been out quite a while and only saw 1 fox when we spotted 2 on a hillside, the closest 1 about 130 yards away, he took his time and sent the 55gr v-max home. A nice vixen.

PICT0391.jpg

We went on about another mile and spotted another fox at approx the same distance as the last one. So as my mates tail was up I let him take the shot, unfortunately he missed on this occasion. :blush: However, when he went to eject the case the spent case never came out, so as I didn't have a cleaning rod with me that was our night done. As we were heading home we spotted another 3 foxes which we could have had a shot at :lol: .

We then went out today with hounds to do a couple of bits of cover near our syndicate. This vixen that my mate shot gave us quite a run around, but we got her eventually.

PICT0393.jpg

All in all a good weekend.

Great result and a good write and photos up too! :good:Well done for helping your friend to loose his verginity! :yes:

That just sounds wrong :lol:

a top weekend by sounds of it !

Cheers mate. Are you doing much lamping with the .204?

Well done mate nice shooting.

What rifle are you using,looks a fab piece of kit.

Cheers mate. The rifle is a Howa 1500 .223, stainless barrel 1:12 twist, with an ambidextrous thumbhole stock.