Gamebore Clear Pigeon New generation

Has anyone else been having a problem with Clear pigeon New generation cartridges not giving clean kills? I bought 250 in August after reading the good reports about them on here. Now after using about 2 boxes and giving some to other lads to try to make sure it wasnt me at fault. Over the last 2 shoots at my wee syndicate tha Im in, Ive shot 1 woodcock, 8 Pheasants and 2 Mallard (not over a pond). And only killed a Pheasant and a Woodcock the rest which were picked have all had to be dispatched. The birds which I brought home and plucked have all had plenty of pellet strikes over the body but werent dead (I marked birds so I new which 1's to pick). On Sat I cut a cartridge open and discovered the shot was different sizes it looked as if they were 6's and 5's. I have this evening contacted Gamebore and I'm waiting on a return call tomorrow.

cheers

nutty

Edited by nuttyspaniel

The last lot I had (about 3 or 4 months ago) seemed to work fine.

No complaints from the pigeons or crows. Not used on other game.

They were 32g fibre 6s.

Have to say tho, they were a good price, but personally have used better cartridges before, if slightly more expensive.

Chris

Perhaps these are a little slower than your usual brand or don't suit your gun.

If you can be bothered try patterning them maybe.

were they 30g 32g plastic fibre?

Chris

30g fibre. Theyve been put through 4 different guns, my 686 special game 1/4 and 1/2, my old winchester 3/8 and 5/8 a laurona with open chokes and another 686 with 1/4 and 3/4 chokes each time the same result. Ive gave them to others to try as I thought the same as you regarding speed or down to me not giving enough lead.

nutty

I have not shot the new version..but shot rather a lot of the old clear pigeon..which were good solid choice.I have faith in Gamebore as being one of the best manufacturers so would be surprised if it is a shell issue.....Everyone has an off patch though..! It sounds to me like you have lost confidence in them so presume you have mentally moved on to try another cartridge?? Cant imagine what gamebore will have to say to you,but would be interested to know what they come back with?

atb.

No call from Gamebore today!!! Ive just bought a slab of Eley Hi-flyers they cost the same as the Clear Pigeon. Ive also opened 1 to see if there is any difference in the shot as they are both 6's, and it is totally different!!! The Eley Cartridge has more uniformed shot in size and shape. Even my wife and daughter commented on the difference!! This has put serious doubts in my mind now. Ive used pure gold in the past and thought they were good, Ive also used Gamebore 3" cartridge's and found them reliable. But this is not a good quality cartridge it looks as if theyve almost used the sweepings of the loading bench..

Cheers for the input lads. As i know anybody can have an off day but when 2 others have tried the Clear Pigeon I have and the same has happened to them, I dont think its coincedence. And this isnt 1 day i had its been over 2 or 3 shoots for me!!

nutty

Edited by nuttyspaniel

I'm interested to see Gamebores response.A few years back I had a faulty batch of Lyevale Express 20 g cartridges,crimp all deformed/out of shape.....after numerous emails/calls they did absolutely nothing.Since when I have not shot nor will another of their shells.I used to like them too,but with that customer service life is frankly too short..I would hope if you have found a rogue batch they will treat you better than my experience of Express...good luck.Expect a credit note or at least a few boxes.!

had the same with a batch a few years back went to the dealer i got them threw with a few of the empty shells as proof of the problem (crimping breaking apart) replaced my carts and a coffee while i waited lol good luck with gamebore fella keep us posted atb jntree :good:

Just spoke to Gamebore just now. They are giving me 250 cartridges to replace the shells I have, and are looking in to why the shot which is in my loads got there in the 1st place and past their quality control. I must applaude gamebore for their customer service and acknowleging there was a fault.

Nutty

Gamebore offer brilliant customer service, they also supply Eley with shot & powder.

If you want poor quality control get yourself some Eley cartridges, if it can go wrong Eley can provide it,duff primers, lack of powder, crushed wads, open crimps, no shot loaded, malformed brass plated cartridge heads, split brass.