What made you take up Clayshooting ?

Azzurri

it sure did in a cloud of black smoke ! i talked him in to dtl at beverley today in the fog and he's been cursing me all night ! 99/295 for me so well chuffed ! all round next week at rufforth i think give us a ring or a text if you fancy it !

nice one man, good on ya :D :D :D keep it up bro :P

it sure did in a cloud of black smoke ! i talked him in to dtl at beverley today in the fog and he's been cursing me all night ! 99/295 for me so well chuffed ! all round next week at rufforth i think give us a ring or a text if you fancy it !

I always said those old Perkins Deisels were rapid :lol: :lol:

I didn't make you take up Dtl,we'll have words about that :hmm: Well shot all the same ;):good: :good:

Azzurri.

Wifes friend does clays at his horse riding centre so after a competition there we stayed a few extra days and I had a go at the clays. Hit the first two singles and the double thrown and got about 18 or so out of the 25. Thought about taking it up but didn't do anything about it. Went shooting a few months later whilst on holiday and instructer said I had a knack for so I applied for my SGC. Now waiting for the SGC to arrive so I can go more often.

For me I was drawn to guns, shooting and the general outdoors since day one, then oneday at the age of about 10 my mother gave me the option one sunday morning of either sunday school or clay shooting with my dad and bacon butty and cuppa tea..... Well the choice was obvious so off i went with my dad and his mates and did my best to carry his cartrige bag but being about 3ft with the bag over my shoulder the under side of the bag barely cleared the floor ! I was hooked from then on even though i hadnt even shot anything ! What followed was i was allowed to join him decoying where i worked as a spanial retreiving and then at about 11 I was taken to a clay ground where my dad prduced a old .410 hammer action single barreled shotgun, I had 5 shots at 5 clays and hit 3 that was it for the next 2 years me and that little .410 barely parted company, i took my first clay, rabbit, pigeon and magpie with that gun. At 15 dad moved me onto his 12g browning B80 semi auto which i loved and then at 16 he got me my own 28" old miruku O/U which i kept untill 4 years ago when i sold it and put the money towards the berretta 686 12 i have now !

I haveent done much clay shooting the last 2 years and should make more of an effort really as I do enjoy it !

For my lads 13th birthday we got him an air rifle on the basis that all teenagers are going to get hold of one eventually so at least he'll know the basics of gun safety.

Well he took to it like a duck to water and the next thing i know i got myself an air rifle and scope and we had both joined Pontefract air rifle club( fantastic club with brilliant people).From there we entered many many H.F.T. competitions and did alright with boy wonder wiping the floor with me week in week out .

A year or two ago it became apparent that time was becoming our enemy, what with his G.C.S.E.'s and now A levels taking priority, shooting and more importantly practice went on to the back burner,as H.F.T. really needs regular practice we thought it best to call it a day as we were'nt doing ourselves justice.

We both really missed the banter and crack of the shooting fraternity so decide to have a go at the clays on a Saturday morning at a nearby shoot Ancholme Valley ( now closed )low and behold we are now well and truly hooked .

We still cant go as often as we would like but never the less we still really enjoy shooting as it should be enjoyed ,not worrying too much about the scores just bloody good fun.He still wipes the floor with me though. :rolleyes:

Hi all

new to all this but I Just wanted to stick my beak in. Have only been shooting for a few months, got hooked after a taster session at an outdoor activity centre. Its all down hill after that! SGC was in the post and I was on every site looking for a gun, I am now the very lucky owner of a Beretta 686e and me and her are just getting to know each other. I have just had a lesson with a shooting coach up at Crabtree farm to make sure I don't get off on the wrong foot and I have to say it was great lesson, the only thing now is lots and lots and lots of practice. :good:

Mate of mine shoots at a local clay ground and I mentioned that I quite fancied it, next thing I was on a taster! Week after that I did a safety lesson and then shot bi weekly from there. First proper shoot was 26/70, a few months later it averages about 40/70, been an uphill struggle though with a few disasters along the way although never below that initial 26!

Got taught to shoot by a cousin while visiting him for a weekend when I was 15. Desperately wanted to do it ever since.

13 years later I realised I finally had the means and opportunity to take it up, and started taking a few clay shooting lessons.

That was about 2 years ago. Thoroughly addicted now - my best competition shoot ever last Sunday (84x100), and spending a lot of time analysing how I can pick up a few more shots.

My love of shooting started in cadets, where i shot the usual. .22, 5.56 and 7.62, I Shot for norfolk with the 7.62 (Parker Hale M82 i thnk? we just knew it as 'target rifle') and was quite proficient. Im now 21 and wanted to try all discipline's and types of shooting sports so i took a few clay lessons and loved it, will try get back into rifle shooting later as well.