Bricking it at the moment....

gibby

Gibby mate,

I pass one twice a day on the way to and from work,

it flashes at everything from dogs to milk floats??

I think its one that "time forgot".

Wouldn't worry mate, not at 28mph.

Cheers Sutty :welcomeani::good:

PS just in case, can you get to your permmision on foot :P:lol: :lol:

I've heard you can buy a product called photo Blocker, invisible to the eye, which stops the camera seeing your number.

Not that you would dream of buying it to get away with speeding :good:

Simply perhaps to avoid another stealth tax :welcomeani:

You definitely need two flashes to get done. Cameras have been known to flash oncoming vehicles and also wet vehicles. JC did a thing on this on TG and the cameras were shown to be up to 20% innacurate. Even if your pic is looked at they will see you were not speeding.

1 flash = To warn you that your going too near the speed limit.

2 flashes = Its taken a photo cause you were going over the speed limit.

3 flashes = The film is full.

or something like that.

If they send you a letter through, request to see the photo then you can check it by doing d=st.

Ask to see the calibration certificate for that camera on that day. Also ask for the photo as there is a website which will tell you your ACTUAL speed by how many white lines are showing. If you were going towards it then don't worry at all.

They only get you from behind :welcomeani:

Cheers

Martin

Depends on the type of camera however. Truvelo and SPECS cameras get you from the front, the others the back (but they dont flash you)

Does anyone know the tolerances of speed cameras in general? I read somewhere that if you get caught going upto 5 mph over the speed limit then they can just give you a slap on the wrist because the speedometer in your car is frequently innaccurate.

You lot will love this one.

It is against human rights for a camera to take a picture from the front as it will show other peoples faces and you could be running off with your wifes sister for a dirty weekend (hence the hurry) :welcomeani:

I really wouldn't worry about it, if you weren't speeding then there's no crime.

Cheers

Martin

There are various human rights issues being breached.

Every person that has broken the law has the right to silence, even murderers but if you get accused of breaking the speed limit when a camera flashes you then the police coerce you into confessing that you have comitted the crime of speeding whether you have or not. Thats illegal. Ironic because its a serious crime, more serious than speeding.

There are various human rights issues being breached.

Every person that has broken the law has the right to silence, even murderers but if you get accused of breaking the speed limit when a camera flashes you then the police coerce you into confessing that you have comitted the crime of speeding whether you have or not. Thats illegal. Ironic because its a serious crime, more serious than speeding.

Could a lawyer not get you off speedn charges with that argumewnt then?

Upto 36mph and you will get a chance to do the "Speed Awareness" course. Basically you and 3 others go out with a driving instructor for a day and learn how to drive again. Also you get given Hi Vis vests just incase you break down. Cost £60 i seem to remember.

Could a lawyer not get you off speedn charges with that argumewnt then?

Upto 36mph and you will get a chance to do the "Speed Awareness" course. Basically you and 3 others go out with a driving instructor for a day and learn how to drive again. Also you get given Hi Vis vests just incase you break down. Cost £60 i seem to remember.

Unfortunetly not because it was deemed by a judge that the protection of the community at large is of greater importance than the right of the individual. I know that it still doesnt make sense but apparently its an ongoing case, they are at the European court just now.

http://www.abd.org.uk/righttosilence.htm