Epic shot

lukeyboi

Went out pigeon decoying with Matthew gould on Monday and after 4hours on the rape and not much luck ....2 birds ha went to the winter wheat field set and was having a chat about gun cameras in the hide I was showing him how I would do it and as I pointed my gun up in the air and said at this point i would shoot the pigeon a woodie flew out about 100 yards away took two shots at it and on the second she came slamming to the ground was about 50 foot up in the air couldn't beileve what a flukey......... But skilful shot haha

100 yards to one side AND 50 feet in the air?

Glad to see you're still trying tho Lukey!

Hmmm, it makes a little sense I suppose, although if it looked 100 yards to him it doesn't really matter how far up it was too does it? It's still 100 yards no?

Went out pigeon decoying with Matthew gould on Monday and after 4hours on the rape and not much luck ....2 birds ha went to the winter wheat field set and was having a chat about gun cameras in the hide I was showing him how I would do it and as I pointed my gun up in the air and said at this point i would shoot the pigeon a woodie flew out about 100 yards away took two shots at it and on the second she came slamming to the ground was about 50 foot up in the air couldn't beileve what a flukey......... But skilful shot haha

Not having a pop, but to take on anything at 100 yards isn't really the done thing. It's easy to wound birds that are decoying, let alone wayward shots like that.

As you said it, was a fluke and if you tried 1000 more times you may not bring the bird down, only wound.

ok gents we have nver shot out of range have we? no of course not

that screeming cock pheasant almost out of shot every one has a pop at them cheer as the last man brings it down from the stratsophere.

get over it

this is not playing into the hands of the antis they hate us as it is do you realy think that one post will increase that? no dont be wet honestly i dont even think some people on this forum have ever used any thing bigger than a gat gun sometimes.

dig george digweed not shoot a clay at 130 odd yards?

and before you all get swivle eyed i know a pigeon is not a clay!

Well cheers to the one that called me epic idiot it was not a dangerous shot in anyway and couldn't of harmed anybody it was a spur of the moment shot and distance was not judged untill it came down one pellet through the neck none believers I was with Matthew Gould on the forum so my proofs with him that sort of shot is not against the law nor is it pushing anything towards a shooting ban