NW League shoots

southrop

Hi Lyn how do these leagues work

Hi Hitclays, The two that i shoot at work differently but basically--- The North Yorkshire and Cleveland league starts in April and shoots every week.The clubs involved areFoxhall,Gt Smeaton,Hardwick,Marne,Oak Lodge,Spennymoor, Stokesley,Thimblby and Urlay Nook.They are all proper clay clubs and meet each other on a home and away system, untill everone has shot against the other. --- Therefore by the end of August we have a completed league table and the prizes are awarded.The competions are always 25 or 30 sporting with some quite challenging targets depending on the clubs limitations.They charge £11 which includes the shoot, raffle and supper at a local to the hosting clubs venue.----- The Wensleydale league is very different, this is a pub league and shot every 2 weeks from end of April,The areas we shoot in are in the main in some stunning locations.Coverbridge,Carleton in Coverdale, Worton,Hardraw,Hawes,CB Inn,Grinton,and finally in Askrigg. These shoots are usually attended from between 80 and 110 people at each venue in turn. Cost is £6 for the shoot which is either 25 or 30 sporting clays and includes supper again at the host pub.They are both real social occasions and are a very good evening out.Hope this helps from Auntie. :yes:

Hi Hitclays, The two that i shoot at work differently but basically--- The North Yorkshire and Cleveland league starts in April and shoots every week.The clubs involved areFoxhall,Gt Smeaton,Hardwick,Marne,Oak Lodge,Spennymoor, Stokesley,Thimblby and Urlay Nook.They are all proper clay clubs and meet each other on a home and away system, untill everone has shot against the other. --- Therefore by the end of August we have a completed league table and the prizes are awarded.The competions are always 25 or 30 sporting with some quite challenging targets depending on the clubs limitations.They charge £11 which includes the shoot, raffle and supper at a local to the hosting clubs venue.----- The Wensleydale league is very different, this is a pub league and shot every 2 weeks from end of April,The areas we shoot in are in the main in some stunning locations.Coverbridge,Carleton in Coverdale, Worton,Hardraw,Hawes,CB Inn,Grinton,and finally in Askrigg. These shoots are usually attended from between 80 and 110 people at each venue in turn. Cost is £6 for the shoot which is either 25 or 30 sporting clays and includes supper again at the host pub.They are both real social occasions and are a very good evening out.Hope this helps from Auntie. :yes:

And you can keep track of scores on this trendy website SHOOTING LEAGUE

Southrop,

I think there is a league based around a few shoots in East Lancashire, there is a club based at a maggot farm a few miles outside Haslingdon and I think one near Todmorden. Unfortunately I haven't got any contact names or phone numbers but it might be worth dropping a pm to a guy from the forum called Peter-Peter, he has a website which I think is called Peter Eats which reviews, among other things, clay clubs in that sort of area.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Potter

Mr Potter - as a former resident of Haslingden, news of a clay club there has come as a shock.

Shaw and Crompton - between Rochdale and Oldham - are part of a Lancashire / Yorkshire league. The club shoots alternate Sundays and in the league the other Sundays. Some basic clubs, but decent, friendly and safe.

Mr Potter - as a former resident of Haslingden, news of a clay club there has come as a shock.

Shaw and Crompton - between Rochdale and Oldham - are part of a Lancashire / Yorkshire league. The club shoots alternate Sundays and in the league the other Sundays. Some basic clubs, but decent, friendly and safe.

Gordon,

I think the club was/is either called Clough Head or was near a place called Clough Head. If I remember rightly you went out of Haslingden through Rossendale for <>5 miles but it is a very long time ago since I was there (with a mate of mine, Trevor Street who you might remember?)

Potter

Edited by Mr Potter

Gordon,

I think the club was/is either called Clough Head or was near a place called Clough Head. If I remember rightly you went out of Haslingden through Rossendale for <>5 miles but it is a very long time ago since I was there (with a mate of mine, Trevor Street who you might remember?)

Potter

The maggot farm was on the Todmorden/ Bacup road near an observatory. The Todmorden cub is above Luddenden at the back of a pub called i think The Sportsman??? from Auntie.