CZ Style swivel stud - HELP!

Alpha Mule

Folks,

I had my Style on the Harris bipod, doing a quick zero check and the bipod wobbled noticably. I lifted the rifle and the bipod stayed where it was, then fell over. The front stud has completely ripped itself out.

The threads seem to have ripped the plastic out.

To say I'm not happy is an understatement, as I have always been carefull with it, both with how tight I screw it and how I use it.

However: Has anyone else had experience of this? Do I need to de-barrel and fit a swivel with a bolt / buy a swivel with a larger diameter screw thread / epoxy it back in place / speak to a CZ dealer (the rifle is second hand)?

Hi - I have a style, and when deciding on which rifle to buy done a lot of reading on this model. I can remember reading somewhere that plastic stocks do not take a bipod very well and will invalidate the guarantee if fitted on a new rifle. Though i never found any info in my box when i bought it new to state this. I have never had my stock off but i think the best option would be some sort of a repair with a bolt assembley rather than a thread.

Hi - I have a style, and when deciding on which rifle to buy done a lot of reading on this model. I can remember reading somewhere that plastic stocks do not take a bipod very well and will invalidate the guarantee if fitted on a new rifle. Though i never found any info in my box when i bought it new to state this. I have never had my stock off but i think the best option would be some sort of a repair with a bolt assembley rather than a thread.

That is a bit worrying! I fitted a bolt affair to my Umarex a while back. I'll strip both of them down to see if I can transfer the bits, before I go for the epoxy.

Just a thought: can I smear Araldite over everything, jam it all together and leave it - and it'll set. Isn't Araldite a contact adhesive (as in: coat two surfaces, let it go tacky, then jam them together?)?

No. Araldite is a two part mix, but when mixed, should be used asap. I fixed the same problem as you have, a few years ago, by pushing some araldite ino the hole in the stock, smearing some on the stud threads, inserting the stud, and letting it dry. It was solid, and lasted many years.

if its a stud that came included when you bought the gun, I think you'll find it's only classed as a sling stud, my cz synthetic stock was like this, I removed it, and fitted a bi-pod stud, which has a longer stud,

but as its now happened, Id go with araldite or simular, make sure its in straight though, you dont want to leave it to set, then attach pod and find its wonky

Just a bit of advice as well, the Araldite would be the way to go as the guys have said. Obviously you need to remove the action from the stock. Make sure though that when you apply it theres none squeezes out because when you put the action and stock back together you dont want the barrel to be touching anything. The barrel is "free floating" in the stock and if its touching anything it will affect accuracy. Simply make sure if any epoxy comes out of the hole you remove it and make sure its flush with the barrel cut out in the stock. I hope this makes sense :unsure: I'm sure you will know what i mean.

Good job the stud did'nt come out when you were carrying the rifle over your shoulder :o Disastorous!!! Bet its happened to someone before though :hmm: Good luck :good: ,

ATB,

Pat

I lied, I have the flat one, not the curved one, but that will change in the near future (as long as my new eBay friend does his job).

You guys with your wee 6's :rolleyes: You should see my Mrs on my ZRX1200s in her skin tight size 8 Dianases. :P

"There's no substitute for cubes"

Edited by Alpha Mule

Just a bit of advice as well, the Araldite would be the way to go as the guys have said. Obviously you need to remove the action from the stock. Make sure though that when you apply it theres none squeezes out because when you put the action and stock back together you dont want the barrel to be touching anything. The barrel is "free floating" in the stock and if its touching anything it will affect accuracy. Simply make sure if any epoxy comes out of the hole you remove it and make sure its flush with the barrel cut out in the stock. I hope this makes sense :unsure: I'm sure you will know what i mean.

Good job the stud did'nt come out when you were carrying the rifle over your shoulder :o Disastorous!!! Bet its happened to someone before though :hmm: Good luck :good: ,

ATB,

Pat

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

It's a CZ Style!