Bullets with 'Rocket Vents'

Load of marketing tosh.. drilling holes into the sides of a projectile cannot overcome the laws of physics.. If they had stated it was to improve exterior ballistics I may have been inclined to be interested (but still very sceptical,) but doing it to reduce recoil is just praying on those of us who are an ad mans dream!

Think about it... whilst the projectile is still in the barrel, the gasses are trapped and it therefore makes no difference at all whether there are holes or not, the pressure created (and therefore the recoil imparted) will be the same. Once the projectile has left the muzzle to any degree, then it cannot have any physical imact on the recoil of the gun as there is no physical connection with it. Remember, with a muzzle brake, it is the gasses pushing the front end of the muzzle forwards to counteract the perceived recoil.

They claim that, these holes allow the gas to exit the front end of the bullet whilst the back end is still in the barrel, countering recoil and acting as 'jets' to speed up the bullet ??? .... let's think about that for a moment, the front half of the bullet exits the muzzle and gas starts escaping.... ok, that will cause a pressure drop thus potentiall reducing the MV slightly, but they then say that the holes will act as rockets ??? only if the bullets are carrying their own fuel supply and this ignites as they become free of the barrell... you cannot increase the amount of energy imparted in the projectile by allowing some of the pressure to reduce and the gas escape, no matter how it is achieved... at best any additional energy created by these jets will be instantly countered by the fall in pressure behind it. At worst, it will rob the projectile of pressure whilst still in the grip of the lands and will slow it down and destabilise it... ESPECIALLY if they are saying it also reduces recoil... the only physical thing in connection with the barrel is the bullet, therefore to get the barrel to move forwards, something has to move in with equal force in the opposite direction (newton's third law) If it's acting like a muzzle break then the bullet must be transferring some of it's energy whilst still in contact with the barrel and the gasses coming out of those tiny insignificant holes must be the equal and opposite force.... well... all that's going to do is slow the bullet down if energy is having to be robbed from it!

Also, the amount of gas that could possibly escape through those tiny holes in the momentary time where the holes have exited the muzzle but the back half of the projectile is still in there would be absolutely insignificant and, with rifle calibres the holes will just create massive drag and instability in flight..

I notice on the web site, there is no side by side comparison, nor any scientific data showing the exterior ballistics performanc. No measurement of recoil, no side by side MV measurements, no drop charts or long range tests (I guarantee these will tumble beyond 500yds.) Just some bloke getting all 'happy' with his handgun!

This is wet dream stuff, nothing more... I would love to be proved wrong and eat my hat but without hard scientific evidence I will just stick to my sceptical outlook

I'm bored!