Oystercatchers down by the sea

docholiday

Hi Doc

Great photos again, I would be very interested what combination you use on each photo you take, I am interested and been taking photos for about Fifty years but my long distance quality is not as good as yours, I have two cameras, a Canon 400d, and a Canon 1B Mk1 with a 24mm - 105mm L Lens,a 70mm - 200 mm l lens for the MK1, and a 18mm - 200mm lens,and a 17mm - 85mm lens for the 400d, I am toying with the idea of buying another camera, and I am thinking og a 5D or 7D, they would be lighter than the 1D, What do you think of the 7D.

Keep up the good work

Mick

Hi Doc

Great photos again, I would be very interested what combination you use on each photo you take, I am interested and been taking photos for about Fifty years but my long distance quality is not as good as yours, I have two cameras, a Canon 400d, and a Canon 1B Mk1 with a 24mm - 105mm L Lens,a 70mm - 200 mm l lens for the MK1, and a 18mm - 200mm lens,and a 17mm - 85mm lens for the 400d, I am toying with the idea of buying another camera, and I am thinking og a 5D or 7D, they would be lighter than the 1D, What do you think of the 7D.

Keep up the good work

Mick

The 7D is an excellent camera, but its the lens that makes the real differnce, most people would tell you to spend the money on fast glass. you have a good camera in the 1B but for wildlife you could do with a longer lens. Now once you accept that you need a longer lens it all comes down to budget and the sky is the limit, buying second hand will help and i would suggest 400mm is the best option, either the 100 to 400mm canon zoom which will set you back about £750 second hand, though I would recomend the prime lens if you can afford them, the 400 mm f4.5 is a great lens easily hand held and I have seen some amazing results with it and you are looking at a very reasonable price, if you want really fast glass then the 300/400 or best of all the 600mm canon lenses are superb, but are many thousands of pounds even second hand.. my 600mm was £4500 and that was second hand.

I am afraid buying the 7D with your lenses wont solve the problem you have.

pm me if there is anything else I can help you with, if your ever down this way be happy to take you out and you could see my set up

doc