Ray Mears.

Spara Dritto

I've just been eating dinner watching Ray Mears on TV.

I use to love his programs of survival and staying with tribes, but he is turning to wildlife filming and losing what he was all about...

Although it was ok to watch, when I turned on Ray Mears I didn't expect to see film of Red/Black grouse, deer and Rabbits..

Edited by Beretta Italy

Whenever I see Mears watching wildlife I kind of expect him to fashion some sort of bow to kill it with and cook it over a fire he's started with two sticks and wash it down with some birch sap tea from the comfort of a spruce branch Northland leanto. But he doesn't. He shoulders his telescope and hikes off looking pleased. Its all too Countryfile.

Mears is a BDS accredited witness for DMQ level 2. I wish he'd make a film on shooting. He could be a fantastic ambassador for the sport.

I wish he'd make a film on shooting. He could be a fantastic ambassador for the sport.

He would be indeed. I've seen him shoot two deer on various programmes and he seems to make no apologies for it. I think he probably hunts 'off camera' from time to time, he certainly had a nice looking rifle.

Trouble is there are probably commercial imperatives in place that might make a programme on shooting bad for business, times being what they are.

He would be indeed. I've seen him shoot two deer on various programmes and he seems to make no apologies for it. I think he probably hunts 'off camera' from time to time, he certainly had a nice looking rifle.

Trouble is there are probably commercial imperatives in place that might make a programme on shooting bad for business, times being what they are.

You're probably right. They wouldn't show it on the BBC :oops: 'Autumn Cull Live!' with Kate Humble. Its not going to happen is it. :(

You're probably right. They wouldn't show it on the BBC :oops: 'Autumn Cull Live!' with Kate Humble. Its not going to happen is it. :(

Yeah! Why not? But, forget the animal side as that would cause too much controversy for Aunty Beeb. Think out of the box;- Autumn Celebrity Cull Live!!

Imagine the satisfaction of watching Bruce Forsythe die a lingering death due to an iffy body shot? Or flushing Noel Edmunds out of his tidy shirt and belted trousers into a line of waiting guns? Top prize would go to anyone who got a left and a right on Ant & Dek.

Yeah! Why not? But, forget the animal side as that would cause too much controversy for Aunty Beeb. Think out of the box;- Autumn Celebrity Cull Live!!

Imagine the satisfaction of watching Bruce Forsythe die a lingering death due to an iffy body shot? Or flushing Noel Edmunds out of his tidy shirt and belted trousers into a line of waiting guns? Top prize would go to anyone who got a left and a right on Ant & Dek.

:lol:

The Cull or Kate ? :rolleyes:

Dave

The former more than the latter I think ;)