Neoprene wellies

big bad lindz

Hi guys, I am loking for new wellies, I have been wearing neoprene lined Muck boots for a while when out shooting and walking the dog I find that although very warm the boot has been very damp when taken off and remain damp for a long time. Not just the foot bed but up the sides of the boot as well. How do other guys find neoprene lined boots. The neck of the boot is a close fit around tucked in trousers do you think a boot either with a full length zip or a top gusset would allow some of the heat generated escape.

I also found that the sole of the muck boot has worn down very quickly. Any suggestions I dont want to burst the bank or make a fashion statement.

Cheers,

BBL

Hiya, As they say, you get what you pay for...:)

My mates all use Le Chameau wellies, and have no complaints at all, some of them have had the same pair for quite a few years...I however, know better, and only buy cheap neoprenes, I'm on my third pair in almost as many years.. :blink: ..they are total rubbish..my last pair lasted about 6 days of use...so, I'll soon be buying Chameau's too.. :good:

At the moment, I'm using Chameau Mouflon boots with gaitors, and they have done a brill job...even in the deepest mud and peat bogs..no sweating at all, as they are totally breathable...( cost was £130 on THAT site BNIB too )..so, I assume the wellies will also be up to the job.. :D

Could the damp be wicking down yer socks ??..I found that did happen occasionally to me..

I've known workmates and farmers with Muckboots, and they do tend to wear down quite quickly, tho, for app £60 are a great buy.

Edited by Norrie

I have had Muck boots for years and they are a brilliant welly, but i fancied a change. I found that Uttings had Aigle parcours iso open boots reduced down to £129.99 so went for a pair of them. First use today and i was very impressed even on the first outing they were like putting on a pair of favourite slippers.

try a pair of Toggi Wanders FULL zip neoprene for under a ton on the bay ! best boots bar none. :good:

I've had a pair of Toggi Wanderer Esprits for about 8 years. I've got to say they are quality. Hand made ,and you can tell. Mine have had some stick ,but are still brilliant.

But your question is about the sweating. I think all rubber boots will make you sweat, although I suspect leather lined ones may just last a bit longer before you start to sweat. Rubber isn't breathable and thats the problem.

So I suppose, if you're prone to sweating ,and you want rubber boots, then you'll be better off biting the bullet and buying some decent leather lined ones. As has been mentioned ,you won't get any better than Le Chameau.

I have had Muck boots for years and they are a brilliant welly, but i fancied a change. I found that Uttings had Aigle parcours iso open boots reduced down to £129.99 so went for a pair of them. First use today and i was very impressed even on the first outing they were like putting on a pair of favourite slippers.

These are the best Wellies I've ever had :)

I've had Chameau neoprene for a few years and there like new. However the zipper/pull snapped off on one a few weeks ago.

Gave them a ring and they send me two new ones with instructions straight away.

No silly questions, just asked me was that all i needed.

A1 service :yes: