Maxus Stock Adjustment - Help!

oilyrag

Picked up my new Maxus today and I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting the stock to suit me.

I now have the length of pull to my liking, but I'm struggling to bring the comb up high enough.

Even with shims 1 and 1R fitted together I'm struggling to see the bead without lifting my head ever so slightly off the comb.

Please tell me it's something I'm doing wrong as I don't recall having this problem with the one I shot!

Thanks.

You will need to purchase another #1 shim.

I had the same problem and made do with a comb raiser, but unfortunately could never get the gun to fit quite right :/

Also you have fitted a straight shim (1)and a right cast shim (1R) you need 2 of the same.

Do you want a straight stock or a right cast one?

Edited by chrispti

There is a bit of info on Shotgun World website concerning LOP and DROP on the Maxis, saw something about stacking shims to get needed adjustments. Hope it helps you.

Thanks coyotemaster, I will have a good read through tonight and see what I can find.

You will need to purchase another #1 shim.

I had the same problem and made do with a comb raiser, but unfortunately could never get the gun to fit quite right :/

Also you have fitted a straight shim (1)and a right cast shim (1R) you need 2 of the same.

Do you want a straight stock or a right cast one?

Hi chrispti, yes I realise by adding the 1R shim I will add more cast but I was hoping that by fitting the 1R shim along with the 1 shim I would be somewhere near but I'm still quite low on the comb.

I really don't want to go down the road of a raiser, I might try and find another 1 shim or 'modify' a shim I already have. Thanks for your help.

Picked up my new Maxus today and I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting the stock to suit me.

I now have the length of pull to my liking, but I'm struggling to bring the comb up high enough.

Even with shims 1 and 1R fitted together I'm struggling to see the bead without lifting my head ever so slightly off the comb.

Please tell me it's something I'm doing wrong as I don't recall having this problem with the one I shot!

Thanks.

Hi i have a maxus hunter,mine fitted me straight out of the box,so i suppose i have been lucky,before the maxus i had a sx3 and to get the comb to the right height i ended up using some fine sandpaper to get more of a taper.sounds a bit drastic but it done the job might be worth a try.

Hi i have a maxus hunter,mine fitted me straight out of the box,so i suppose i have been lucky,before the maxus i had a sx3 and to get the comb to the right height i ended up using some fine sandpaper to get more of a taper.sounds a bit drastic but it done the job might be worth a try.

The man needs the comb higher not lower :blink:

Thanks gemini52, I think you mean to take some material away from the top of one of the shims to create more of a wedge shape of it in an attempt to lift the comb? I did try that but as you will read there was a bit more to it.

Well, I spoke to Malmos this morning where I bought the gun from and they suggested to take it and my strange cheekbones down to them for them to inspect. After spending a couple of hours trying various shim set ups and also different guns, it was decided I was to blame! I had added one shim too many to the LOP and I was burying my head in the stock.

We set the stock up and took it out onto the traps and I hit everything I aimed for. Properly over the moon with the gun now, the way it handles, shoots, looks the lot.

Can't say a big enough thanks to everyone at Malmos, they went out of their way to help sort the gun out. They even assured me that if they couldn't sort it I wouldn't leave the shop without something that did, even if it meant a new gun altogether.

I can't recommend Malmos enough, I wont be going anywhere else now.

Thanks gemini52, I think you mean to take some material away from the top of one of the shims to create more of a wedge shape of it in an attempt to lift the comb? I did try that but as you will read there was a bit more to it.

Well, I spoke to Malmos this morning where I bought the gun from and they suggested to take it and my strange cheekbones down to them for them to inspect. After spending a couple of hours trying various shim set ups and also different guns, it was decided I was to blame! I had added one shim too many to the LOP and I was burying my head in the stock.

We set the stock up and took it out onto the traps and I hit everything I aimed for. Properly over the moon with the gun now, the way it handles, shoots, looks the lot.

Can't say a big enough thanks to everyone at Malmos, they went out of their way to help sort the gun out. They even assured me that if they couldn't sort it I wouldn't leave the shop without something that did, even if it meant a new gun altogether.

I can't recommend Malmos enough, I wont be going anywhere else now.

Nice one glad you got it sorted,had my maxus out today on the clays it shot like a dream,wish i had :lol:

• 12 years later...