Recommend a Pick up

sandcastle

Can any one out there recommend a decent 4x4 crew cab pick up, I am looking at getting rid of the wife's Focus.(best not mention it to her just yet) :rolleyes:

Getting fed up of the focus constantly have bags of feed and bales of bedding for our daughters pony, wet and muddy kids and dog,thinking a crew cab would be a good solution.

We have 2 kids 1 stupid springer and a Pony.

Have read a few mixed reviews on the L200, would be looking at spending £3500/£4500ish no vat

open to any advise. :huh:

Ford ranger is very good. We are on our second one, its a 56 reg, had it for 2 years with all sorts of abuse, has not had a service yet and it runs sweet as a nut. Its towed 2.5 ton diggers, took 5 of us lamping, carries feed all day, several dogs in the back and works on our 1000 acre shoot all year round. Cracking motor, just get good tyres, thats all you need!

Anyone would think you dont like the horse :lol:

The rangers are good trucks my friend has one and uses it regularly for setting up country shows and things. Across wet and muddy fields fully loaded with people and a large IFOR trailer on the back it works a treat and so far not got stuck. Of course it couldnt compete with a disco on an off road course but sounds like your not going to be doing that anyway. Also it is comfortable inside and feels stable when towing and plenty of power for motorway work and getting up the long wet muddy hills.

After I have paid for the wedding this is what I am getting :good:

Can any one out there recommend a decent 4x4 crew cab pick up, I am looking at getting rid of the wife's Focus.(best not mention it to her just yet) :rolleyes:

Getting fed up of the focus constantly have bags of feed and bales of bedding for our daughters pony, wet and muddy kids and dog,thinking a crew cab would be a good solution.

Have read a few mixed reviews on the L200, would be looking at spending £3500/£4500ish no vat

Do a bit of off road and also tow the stupid Pony in it's trailer (Ifor Williams 505)

Not to fussed about mpg

Looking for something a bit more driver friendlily than a 110 as the wife will have to drive it.

I my self would love a landy :good:

You have animal issues!.... :lol:

:shaun:

Look for yds on this site, John Robson of Yorkshire Deer Stalking he has a vehicle for sale.

You have animal issues!.... :lol::shaun:

The pony yes it does p!$$ me off, but the dog is mine and I take full responsibility for his poor state of mind, is his only a pet after all.

Ps thanks for all your advise and help, I have broken the news to my wife about getting rid of her car! and still have all my appendages and man things, things must be looking up. :good:

Have a look at a rodeo I've had my rodeo 3ltr dmax over 14 months well chuffed with it great on fuel get around 30-32 around town and around 35 on a run with BFF ats had a l200 before this but the rodeo is much better and the l200 struggled to get 25 to gallon. Hope this helps

Out this morning clay shooting me and 6 others one fella has a m reg hilux with of at tyres and my best mate has a rodeo again with at tyres any way we were probably the last 8-10 motors out so as you can imagine it got quite muddy so one the way out we towed a skoda yeti out a be transporter and last but not least the hilux along with a sour faced driver !!!

Out this morning clay shooting me and 6 others one fella has a m reg hilux with of at tyres and my best mate has a rodeo again with at tyres any way we were probably the last 8-10 motors out so as you can imagine it got quite muddy so one the way out we towed a skoda yeti out a be transporter and last but not least the hilux along with a sour faced driver !!!

Sorry did nt mean to put up twice !!

Ive got a rodeo and went everywhere i've asked it to go. Even pulled two caravans through 5 inches of mud a blair horse trials a few years ago with the rubbish road tyres on it. Also never got stuck last winter and pulled many cars and vans out if the snow.

• 2 weeks later...