WHAT GUN ? ?

Shooting Tom

Between the brand new SP1 & the 16 year old 425 I cleaned after shooting this weekend the brownings barrels came up like mirrors, wish I could say the same for the SP1! Don't know why but dosent matter how or what I do they won't clean up like the browning or the Miroku I have, they always seem really dull almost matt like.??.

Always uzing brown gunge aswell after a 50 or so cartridges, never noticed this on either the browning or Miroku. Shame because I really like the SP1 it's a great gun but it's been my first & only experience with a beretta & I was a little disappointed.

I have a 28" 686 Sporting Special which is superb, it looks the business and feels the business, and everyone who touches it falls in love with it, unfortunately it doesn't fit me, and bites me ever time I use it, it was my Dads and I can't bring myself to do anything with it or sell it. I also have a Silver Pigeon 3, 30" Sporter, that's in my lads cabinet at the moment, he has my single barrel as well, nothing wrong with that at all.

I like Berettas, you will not really go wrong with any of them, but I really did like a Miroku I picked up 4-5 years ago, it fitted me like it was built for me, felt superb, unfortunately it had a price tag to match!

I have a 28" 686 Sporting Special which is superb, it looks the business and feels the business, and everyone who touches it falls in love with it, unfortunately it doesn't fit me, and bites me ever time I use it, it was my Dads and I can't bring myself to do anything with it or sell it.

get it fitted and enjoy it!

I looked for a long time to find a good gun instead of my old Winchester Pigeon Grade 101. That gun was a fast buy when I restarted my hunting career a couple of years back. I needed something so I could go hunting till I found what I wanted.

After testing and rejecting many different guns finally I chose between Browning B525 and Beretta 686 SP.

I found that the Browning was a little too wide and not that balanced in my hands as the Beretta so I started to look more closely to the Berettas.

I couldn't decide, as I wanted a good game gun, but should it be an older 686 or a new SP1? Or should I take a lighter UL or....?

Then "accidently" I got a SV10 Perennia 3 in my hands and must say it was love at first sight! That little italian lady are just wonderful.

It is a 12 gauge, 30" barrel Perennia III and it is so nicely balanced. I have never used that long barrels before so I am very much impressed of how easy it feels to swing.

The view of the shot on paper are wonderful. The shots are well kept together little above the aiming point just as i want it.

Now, I wanted as said a game gun so maybe if you are more into sports shooting the Prevail is better. I don't know as I haven't tried it out.

Good luck with you choice.

• 2 weeks later...