sick of these delboy companies

rapid basher

right were do i start ok.beforexmas. my vauxhall vivaro 59reg gearbox gon @65000 miles

£1180 to fix not under garantee get this (classed as wear and tear)72000 miles

engin blown because of a poxy £2 water pipe, new cylinder head

2 pistons 2 injecters gaskit head and labour £2000 and guss what yep classed as(wear and tear)

so last week i went and bought a 2011 ford transit out of the aution 22000 miles (stated warrantead miles)

so coulpe of days later i could hear a noise so takes it in to ford and they say its the cluch

cylinder and guss what yes its not warranteed because the first service was due at 1500 miles and the last chap(***)never got the first sevice so turns out that it wasint warranteed miles anyway i like to keep the remaneing 18months warrontea

on it but is proveing to be a bit of a head hake

veiws or sugestions

Edited by rapid basher

I'm sorry, but gearbox should last the life of the vehicle, never mind the warranty.

The hose is also their problem as was probably rubbish quality or badly fitted.

Wear and tear is things like: exhaust, brakes, tyres etc.

engine and transmission should last 100,000 miles with proper maintenace, and def should last the warranty and be fully cover on it.

I'd be one unhappy bunny and seeking trading standards advice straight away.

Edited by chris t

Vauxhall vivaro and nissan primastar are renault trafics with different badges, these are all assembled in a plant near london. Whichever company asks for 1 gets it with their badges, grills , cylinder cover etc stuck on. And they all have engine and gearbox probs. I've spent 1000s getting mine sorted now got a Transporter, more expensive but much more reliable.

Best way around this is to lease a new car. That way the dealer has to stand up against an angry finance company (they won't) rather than 'little old you'. Taking a lease with full maintenance covers this even more as it is main dealer services as a part of the lease and all maintenance etc is taken care of. I know that doens't help your situation but it is useful information I give to my customers (I run a vehicle leasing company) and might be useful for other readers.

Back to your situation, unless the vehicle hasn't been maintained according to the manufacturers standards the faulty gearbox should be covered under warranty so fight hard!

Who is the dealer?

If you have no luck with your Vans, get in touch for a lease quote.

Good Luck.

Chris

If it was serviced locally by a qualified garage with genuine parts (need invoices/proof) warranty stands I have an Astra vauxhall part paid (for the parts) on an inlet manifold and alternator that went after warranty period! Did have full dealer history ( well almost) you have to know your dealer I am lucky I have a decent one locally and a very very good one near my parents

If it was serviced locally by a qualified garage with genuine parts (need invoices/proof) warranty stands I have an Astra vauxhall part paid (for the parts) on an inlet manifold and alternator that went after warranty period! Did have full dealer history ( well almost) you have to know your dealer I am lucky I have a decent one locally and a very very good one near my parents

They dont have to be genuine parts. Afermarket ones are acceptable providing they meet the OE specs. Check out the right to repair campaign.

right were do i start ok.beforexmas. my vauxhall vivaro 59reg gearbox gon @65000 miles

£1180 to fix not under garantee get this (classed as wear and tear)72000 miles

engin blown because of a poxy £2 water pipe, new cylinder head

2 pistons 2 injecters gaskit head and labour £2000 and guss what yep classed as(wear and tear)

so last week i went and bought a 2011 ford transit out of the aution 22000 miles (stated warrantead miles)

so coulpe of days later i could hear a noise so takes it in to ford and they say its the cluch

cylinder and guss what yes its not warranteed because the first service was due at 1500 miles and the last chap(***)never got the first sevice so turns out that it wasint warranteed miles anyway i like to keep the remaneing 18months warrontea

on it but is proveing to be a bit of a head hake

veiws or sugestions

No hint nor clue what you are talking about. Are you Spanish?

No hint nor clue what you are talking about. Are you Spanish?

edited it a bit wrong,my mistake.. but the other 6/7 replys

add and int or clue s0 maybe your lacking somethink

that there not

and i do speak good spanish

(chuby me purya! l) :D

has for eveybody els thanks for the help and views

atb pete

Edited by rapid basher

wasint servived with vauxhall just a local garige

thats why im so intent on keeping serviced with ford this time,

there all the same they look for every little loop hole :no:

IMPO a good local garage will do a better job than a main dealer. I used to have to go to Ford dealers and sort out customer complaints, sadly 90% of the time the dealer screwed up then lied. The bonus system doesn't help they just cut corners, plus your paying for comfy sofas and coffe and TV's for waiting customers.