shot range

SPARKIE

whats the maximum range to kill a wood pigeon with a shotgun and whats the maximum range shot will travel before it comes down on these gauge shottys thanks sparkie

12gauge useing 32gram size 6 cartridges eley hb pigeon will no5 shot travel further

.410 14gram size 6 and 18gram magnum size 6

im just curious on how far it will travel and what the killing range is on them thanks again sparkie :lol:

According to a recent test number 6 shot, with felt wad, will travel a maximum of 209 metres. If held horizontally at 1.7 metres the maximum is 88.5 metres. Hope this helps.

yes cheers anyone else know about .410 range or killing distances

According to a recent test number 6 shot, with felt wad, will travel a maximum of 209 metres. If held horizontally at 1.7 metres the maximum is 88.5 metres. Hope this helps.

yes cheers anyone else know about .410 range or killing distances

Depends on what your shooting, i'd not go further than 30 yds with a 4/10 and 60 yds at a push with a shotgun!

50yds is a good rule of thumb, but it really depends on the load and the quarry as what the best effective range is.

My personal opinion is that you need to be sure that its a humane one shot kill whatever you are shooting at, and this means going nowhere near anything like the max (whatever the weapon).

I'd much rather not shoot at the borderline bird/rabbit/whatever and wait for the next one that I know for sure is in range.

If you need to ask what the max.range to kill a pigeon is I hope you don`t shoot.

Open chokes 25-30 yds with 5-6 shot and don`t worry about distance you can judge it if you set your deeks out with a mind to the range you want to kill at.

.410 - 10 to 20 yds dependant on shot charge(and at that range I`d use 7-7 1/2`s)

:lol: youth of today :good:

Њ

i once put a target on a board and walked away from it about 40 paces and fired a 30/6 12 gauge at it and was very surprised how little shot hit the paper this was done safely out in a field , but gave me an idea of wot was going on when firing my shotgun ps i was young and daft then now im just older and dafter :good::lol:

If you need to ask what the max.range to kill a pigeon is I hope you don`t shoot.

Open chokes 25-30 yds with 5-6 shot and don`t worry about distance you can judge it if you set your deeks out with a mind to the range you want to kill at.

.410 - 10 to 20 yds dependant on shot charge(and at that range I`d use 7-7 1/2`s)

:lol: youth of today :good:

Њ

no i dont shoot open chokes i was just curious as there is a few houses and a road at the back of my land and i was wanting to know how far the shot can travel its best not to shoot towards the houses ya see its just a lot of the pigeons are comeing in from that direction and if the shots maximum is around 210 meters and im 300 meters away then it should be safe to take the shot im wainting for the pigeons to get into range of around 30 yards before takin the shot and most have died first shot but i wasnt shaw what the killing range was thanks for the answers guys much appreciated.. :yes: