CATTON HALL RIFLE MEET BURTON

SPARKIE

I've been over today to catton hall to finalise and talk over a few things today and get costs from carl and i need to start getting numbers and taking moneys. so im going to make a list of people on here who's coming and paid as I need to raise the deposits for the land owner Catton hall. I'm going to open this so members on here can bring friends who want to shoot. so please pm me and ill send payment details.

The dates have been set for fri 11th sat 12th sun 13th may 2012. We can meet up and set camp on the Friday if anyone wants to stay over or drive down the day before the shoot starts and have a few beers ready for the shoot on the sat/Sunday. The area we will be staying is in the beautiful grounds of Catton hall its very rural and doesn't have any wash facility's but were going to get a couple of portaloo's in to use. this is a very rural setting with woods and rolling hills and looks stunning there's a pub about a mile away and shops 2mile away but im sure if its like bisley most people will bring enough food and drink to feed an army.

The shoot is going to consist of 2 days of shooting sat/sunday.

1.full bore rifles out to yards (Carls going to run a small comp with a small prize to the winner.it will be free entry to those who have paid to shoot rifles)

2.rimfire rifle out to 150yrds there is some 200yrds targets for the .17hmr shooters and im sure we could arrange a 300yrd target.... :o

3.There's going to be a airgun set up in the wood with knockover targets and stuff set up.

4.Clay pigeon shoot...sat 50 bird sporting sun 100 bird flush...possible teams of 3 for the flush depending on the amount of interest.were trying to keep the costs down so it will be manual traps set up and we will have some lads running the traps....If anyone has any traps they could lend us for the week end then please let me know as we have a few but are working on getting more as I type this. there will be some small prizes for top gun or top team I need to arrange them.

5. woodland stalk for rifles with deer targets set up amongst the trees. shooting from stalking sticks

The costs;

Camping is £5 per person for the weekend this will go towards portaloos.

Full bore Rifle/rimfire/air rifle/woodland stalk £20 a day £40 for the weekend.

sat Clay shoot is going to work out at £12 each for 50 birds and the sunday 100 bird flush will be £24 for a team of 3.

so how many of you guys would be interested in a rifle shooting meet to replace Bisley BUT without the range cert rubbish. camping, drinking, bbq, and good company. just cant cater for the hairy bikers and harleys but there is sheep for the welsh members. The shoot consists of silohette targets consisting of muntys, fox, rabbits, babboons, boar,and pheasents from 40-150 yards in a valley which are markable and 200-400 yards steel silohette gong targets which are painted again these vary from discs to fox and hares. Theres a woodland walk for stalking targets which has deer and fox targets set out hidden and you have to shoot of high bipods or sticks. Ive been to the shoot 3 times now and really enjoyed it and a few others from here have been. Its run really well and set out great.

now the legal bit the land is passed for 30cal but there happy for people to shoot bigger if they have open ticket and its classed as zeroing not target shooting so unsure how people with just target guns will go on about this.

catton rifle sports have its own website here for more info....http://www.cattonriflesport.co.uk/

catton parks website....http://www.catton-hall.com/

MEMBER PAID LIST SO FAR

RADAR UK.

FRUITLOOP.

Edited by SPARKIE

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full bore targets are steel silhouette targets out to 400yrds unsure how many but there will be enough. The woodland stalk usually has 2 silhouette targets per stand and you just go in take ya shots and walk out to the target n mark up see where you hit. It's not a comp so there's no scoring. We will have 1 group in the wood at a time of maybe 2 shooters for safety the group will be together it's a tried and tested shoot and works quite well.

Im having a lot of interest in the shoot im thinking of drawing teams out the hat on the day for the clay flush to make it fair and even the teams up so theres a good mixture of clay shooting ability also theres a lot that are coming on there own and are asking to be put into a team. whats everyones feeling on this?

Big thanks for sparkie for getting this one off the ground it looks like it should be a very good weekend.

Just to let you no that if any of you are wanting to try out the shoot before the weekend of fun we have a shoot this coming Sunday on the ground you will be using. (Full Bore Rifles Only)

If you would like to attend give me a call text email etc to allow me to gauge numbers.

I will continue to work with sparkie to bring you an event that will hopefully be remembered and repeated every year if anyone thinks they can bring something of interest to the event let us no and we will see if it can work.

Lots of shoots on through the year keep checking the web site www.cattonriflesport.co.uk

Regards and keep the lead in the air

Carl

Payment sent for me bud. Forgot to add I will be there on Friday afternoon, what time can we arrive from?

Im unsure what time im going to be there we can arrange something closer to the time....

MEMBER PAID LIST SO FAR

RADAR UK.

FRUITLOOP.

DRWOLLY.

SPARKIE.

FISHERUK + 3 FRIENDS

FISTER

COME ON GUYS NEED TO DRUM UP AS MUCH SUPPORT AS POSS FOR THIS.

Cheque is in the post.

Thank you Sparkie.

Looking forward to the event.

(And looking for my tent).

Grandalf

thanks grandalf

Can you send me payment details please - I will only be able to do one day (Probably be the Saturday, but might need to be the Sunday) but will bring a couple of Rifles and the shotgun and do both Clays and the Rifle walk about.

Mike pm inbound pal