Rats, Rabbits and Reynard

FOXHUNTER1

An old mate texted me yesterday to see if I wanted to go lamping , so off I went in search of charlie. When we arrived at the farm there was quite a few rats running about so my mate got his Bodygrips out the motor and set a few. We quickly set them and had a quick look around the barns then checked them and lifted them , they were only down literally 10mins and we had caught 3.

davids001.jpg

Them it was out lamping ,I was armed with the .243 and my mate his .22.

We lamped a fox which was walking straight towards us , I shot it , the bullet strike was good but it took off at a fast pace. Following it in the lamp it went about 100 yards before pulling up at a fence , I quickly gave it a follow up shot thinking I must have pulled the 1st shot , but on inspection it was shot perfectly behind the shoulder :yes: This is with a 100grain soft point :blink:

davids002.jpg

We ended up with a few rabbits also ......

davids004.jpg

An old mate texted me yesterday to see if I wanted to go lamping , so off I went in search of charlie. When we arrived at the farm there was quite a few rats running about so my mate got his Bodygrips out the motor and set a few. We quickly set them and had a quick look around the barns then checked them and lifted them , they were only down literally 10mins and we had caught 3.

davids001.jpg

Them it was out lamping ,I was armed with the .243 and my mate his .22.

We lamped a fox which was walking straight towards us , I shot it , the bullet strike was good but it took off at a fast pace. Following it in the lamp it went about 100 yards before pulling up at a fence , I quickly gave it a follow up shot thinking I must have pulled the 1st shot , but on inspection it was shot perfectly behind the shoulder :yes: This is with a 100grain soft point :blink:

davids002.jpg

We ended up with a few rabbits also ......

davids004.jpg

Bottom right looks a mighty big "rabbit"

Not out of season then that hare !

In England, Wales and Scotland ground game can be killed all year round on land which is not classed as moorland or unenclosed land.

It amazes me how many so called fieldsportsmen dont actually know much about shooting. This is one reason for the argument for qualifications like in Europe !!

it was shot perfectly behind the shoulder and than had to be finished off after it ran 100 yds well done :hmm:perfectly :hmm:

If you have shot many foxes you will have seen this happen , I think its just a matter of the bullet not expanding enough or hitting any bone.

Yes it doesnt happen often but I have witnessed it a few times. :yes:

If you have shot many foxes you will have seen this happen , I think its just a matter of the bullet not expanding enough or hitting any bone.

Yes it doesnt happen often but I have witnessed it a few times. :yes:

ive shot one or two but never had one run off 100yds after been shot front on with a 243? and if OR WHEN i do i would not call it a perfect shot I WAS NOT HAVEING A DIG IT WAS JUST AN OBSERVATION dead is dead :good: