New ford ranger

ferguson_tom

The ford will have breakdown after breakdown, I had a ranger for a while in Africa and it really was easy to break...nowhere near the quality of a Toyota but in all fairness nowhere near the same price either...

I'm not a Toyota follower but they are a good vehicle and seem well built....

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

Hi had a 09 ranger xlt double cab. sold back in may 2010 after having it 2 yrs cracking motor only sold it sa was expecting new one in november but they have only just got here. did have a defender 90 to fill gap but got rid last week and glad i did a lot of money for the name. i would never buy another as they are still out dated for what they are.

Technisally it's not a Ford it's a rebadged Mazda.

I thought the bt50 was a rebadged ford with a bit of styling from Mazda. The 2.2 and 3.2 engines are ford along with the 6speed manual gearbox the auto being zf as used by many others lr/jag BMW etc

What I don't understand is why they don't offer the 3.2 with the auto box in lower spec models for people who want a work truck for towing etc.

I thought the bt50 was a rebadged ford with a bit of styling from Mazda. The 2.2 and 3.2 engines are ford along with the 6speed manual gearbox the auto being zf as used by many others lr/jag BMW etc

What I don't understand is why they don't offer the 3.2 with the auto box in lower spec models for people who want a work truck for towing etc.

Because Ford have never been good with diesel auto's and the last thing they want or need is people using them to tow heavy loads.

But its the zf auto as used in the disco and many others high end cars that chuck more hp and torque down it. The combination is available in the south African market.

They do the 2.2 auto in the limited spec here.

I think the gertag 6speed manual will be the weak link.