s x s ...still popular

washerboy

The side by side is still very popular with many people ,I love my side lock . most sxs are double trigger game guns and they tend to be lighter than an over and under and tend to move a bit faster . Just about all sxs are fixed chokes and used mainly for game shooting . You will very rarely see any body using a sxs for serious clay shooting . As for sxs guns being cheaper than o/u guns guns ,that depends on which maker you are talking about . Best English game guns can cost many ,many,thousands of pounds .

Harnser .

Four sxs in my cabinet, they are what I have always been used to, double trigger no problem ,but could have a problem with single trigger. Usually faster handling and quicker to load than ou guns. Interstingly I have occasionally acted as loader to shooters using double guns. Now most of my fellow loaders shot o/u guns but they did not half moan if their Gun turned up with Brownings or Berrettas instead of Dickson and Purdey s x s for example. There are still some bargains to be had in s x s shotguns, especially with sleeved barrels, guns made by Birmingham makers or bearing the name of a rural gunsmith.

Blackpowder

Besides fit of a gun, what do I look for?.not sure how to tell if a gun fits, I usualy just mount it and make sure my hands grip it ok.i seam to like a light gun

Dont worry to much about the gun fitting you . Buy the right gun at the right price . A gun can be fitted to you for not to much money by a competant gun smith . Dont buy a gun with to short a stock as this can be a big problem to overcome when fitting . A stock that is to long for you will be easier to fit if it has to be . If there are two identical guns at the same price and one fits and one dose'nt then buy the one that do's .

Harnser .