Clay ground Nr Preston

Havana

I have had a look through the directory of grounds and was struggling to find a ground near Preston to shoot on a Saturday?

Unless I am not seeing something, Can anyone recommend a ground ?

Thanks

There are a number of clay shoots around the Preston area but the only one that I know of that is open on a Saturday is Blackpool Gun Club. Very highly recommended and not as far from Preston as it sounds.

http://www.blackpoolsportingclays.co.uk/

Mr Potter

I agree, Blackpool is a good ground albeit a bit bleak in the sleet and rain!

I live near longridge and mainly shoot at Coniston on Saturday although kelbrook and Manchester are easy to get to as well.

I try and shoot a registered on a Sunday if I can face a 1 1/2 hour drive otherwise lots of local grounds shoot Sunday.

Thanks very much

I will check that out I live in Leicester but my future wife comes from Bleasdale, just down the road from Longridge :)

I have been to bobbin mill on a Sunday a few times. We are coming up in a couple of weeks to do some wedding planning and stuff, my fiancée in going bridesmaid dress shopping, and I really need to find something to get me away from that on the Saturday :)

We are coming up in a couple of weeks to do some wedding planning and stuff, my fiancée in going bridesmaid dress shopping, and I really need to find something to get me away from that on the Saturday :)

You might want to keep your shotgun out of reach, in case it becomes too much to bear and you start thinking about taking the easy way out.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah blackpool is my local ground and i really enjoy shooting there everyone seems very friendly too the layout gets changed quite often and the traps seem to be a lot more reliable lately too not had a no bird in a good few visits :good: Havana when are you up here avoiding the wedding shopping let me knwo if ya want some one to shoot with :good: i am home on leave from the 14th :lol:

yeah blackpool is my local ground and i really enjoy shooting there everyone seems very friendly too the layout gets changed quite often and the traps seem to be a lot more reliable lately too not had a no bird in a good few visits :good: Havana when are you up here avoiding the wedding shopping let me knwo if ya want some one to shoot with :good: i am home on leave from the 14th :lol:

Cheers for the invite,

I have been and gone this time ... managed to avoid the shopping with a hike around Ingleton falls :) .

I shot on the Sunday at Bobbin Mill, i have shot there before ok little ground, got 18/25 on DTL so I was very happy as I never really shoot that.

I will be up and down quite a bit in the coming months so next time I am coming up i will post if i can shoot :)