Lanber or bertisolli

Lancs Lad

Was down in the shop today having a "feel".

Came across two that are possibilities when I get my cert thru...

Lanber Sporting 30".

Bertisolli diamond sporting.

which one.......

Both seemed to mount OK, felt fine and was happy with the both of them.

Any reports on either would be appreciated.

i have a bettinsoli silverline and it does what i need very well. i use it mainly for a hide gun but have also used it on clays and rough shoots. occasionaly the ejector will eject the wrong cartridge but other than that everything is good. by occasionaly i mean about 1 in every 100 times.

dont know anything about the lanber though :)

A mate of mine uses a Bettinsoli silverline, and another has an Bett Overland EL.

Both guys are perfectly happy with their guns, and having shot both I can say that Bettinsolis are pretty nice guns. The only thing I dislike about them is that they are over decorated for my taste, but others may like the look.

Cant help you on the Lanber front, sorry.

Pete

i have owned 3 lanbers in the past and still own one , the sporter model , nuff said :good:

i,ve also played with the new overland and its a lovely gun to look at and to shoot , it lines up nice on my cheek ( i,m thinking of getting one ).

hold both if you can before you buy , the lanber sporter is a much heavier gun , but both are brill for the £££

I was looking at exactly the same guns in MY local shop.

I found the finish on the stock BETTER on the Lanber as the wood was VERY proud where is joined the receiver on the Bettinsoli :lol: it was like a huge step :lol:

But the Lanber was a heap better.

As the guy in the shop mentioned it's the reason they are so cheap :lol: if you want perfect joints and a top finish you add to the price.

Having said that i know 2 people who own these guns.

One friend (Brian) owns 3 bettinsoli's one diamond and 2 sporting (all 30" M/C) and after initially receiving them they had to go BACK to bettinsoli for safety reasons as after firing 2 shots in quick succesion the barrels on ALL 3 broke open :lol:

Bettinsoli repaired the guns and now they are VERY nice. Balance / fit / recoil it's a VERY nice gun.

I also know a lad at the club with a lanber 30" sporter and again nice weight well balanced and a joy to shoot.

I would say it's down to personal preference.

The lanber would be MY choice

LG

Guest jonrms

enter in the raffle.. your dreams might come true.. as the raffle is for a lanber....

you never know unless you buy a ticket.. :blink:

• 5 weeks later...

Asked the wife today about me putting in for my licence...............................

Got the cold shoulder...............................

******......................looks like ive got a long slog ahead of me..................

Women.....harder to convice than your local F.L.O...................