Bettinsoli Sporting Deluxe

rwade545

Hi there, This is my first topic on PW, just thought i would share my opinion on my bettinsoli and show a few pics.

Firstly i dont have a huge amount of shooting with shotguns in my back ground but have been an avid air rifle man and a junior archery champ from my home country. I have done a bit of shooting and recently decided to purchase my own shotgun. I like most others did much research and spent ages looking at this forum decided what to get, my heart said Berretta EELL my head tho didn't permit this. I wanted something good looking, not too expensive and multichoke, preferably new as I like new things! Sadly the reviews for bettinsoli were very mixed and it was with a little trepidation that I purchased my gun. Reliability is a big factor but i have had a miruko misfire on me in the last year missing an easy pheasant as I manually switched to the other barrel ( only had about 500 rounds through miruko at that time) and a relatively sparingly used Berreta silver pigeon 4 discharge both barrels when loaded with 36gms ( that bruise too a while to go). So I guess no guns are perfect and with big brands your are just less likely to have a problem. My dealer assured me that there was a 10 year warranty and that parts are cross manufactured with berreta.

well from the ofF I found the box and contents very pleasing. I switched the recoil pad to the thicker one and the gun fits well. The stock was well figured and i have since spent many nights with then walnut oil and OOOOO wire wool and it is starting to look superb. Shooting wise the gun shoulders well, points well, is a bit heavy but on clays I get on ok. Although i miss my fair share as I haven't been shooting long. I find the recoil remarkably well controlled with 28gram cartridges ( eley olymic) and after 150 cartridges am fine, previously i was sore after 100 with my clubs berrreta semi auto.

My options when buying were this new or a used berreta/browning/miroku. Did i make the right choice- for myself yes, the gun looks good with the side plates, and fits me well. Will i still feel same way in 10 years when the warranty runs out, I dont know but as the gun will probably only see a couple of thousand cartidges a year it will not be worked that hard so should be ok.

I would reccomend these to anyone looking for a good looking starting gun as an opting to a used top name gun. ( they also do a universal which can be had for around £560) this gun cost me £850 and I am very happy with it.

My next purchase is a Wiehrauch 97K ( 18ft lb) and I will hope fully be able to give you all my opinion on this although from what I've read there in not much wrong with them!

Hope the pictures have uploaded to show the stock after oiling! post-53161-0-16777300-1330475023.jpg

post-53161-0-77617000-1330475037.jpg

post-53161-0-88363600-1330475068.jpg

post-53161-0-58106100-1330475077.jpg

post-53161-0-28692700-1330475085.jpg

Thanks and any comments welcome!

Thank you for the write up.

I'm in the same situation as you regarding purchasing. I have a grand for a first clay gun and would prefer new, or a used Beretta SP. I haven't seen the Bettinsoli at my rfd but have seen them in shooting times and was drawn by the price point. Will be on the hunt for one locally now to see if it fits me.

Your gun looks great, the wood grain came out well.

I have had three bettinsolis over the years and yes for the money they are good value,but be warned they do and will suffer from intermittant miss fires,this is due to the rebound springs being to strong,this has happend to two of the guns i previously owned a trip to the gunsmith and new weaker springs fitted sorts the problem. :good:

Thank you for the write up.

I'm in the same situation as you regarding purchasing. I have a grand for a first clay gun and would prefer new, or a used Beretta SP. I haven't seen the Bettinsoli at my rfd but have seen them in shooting times and was drawn by the price point. Will be on the hunt for one locally now to see if it fits me.

Your gun looks great, the wood grain came out well.

For a grand mate you can pick up a mint mk70 miroku or browning 525 a far better buy then a bettinsoli. :hmm:

For a grand mate you can pick up a mint mk70 miroku or browning 525 a far better buy then a bettinsoli. :hmm:

Yep, I like the new stuff, but I know the better buy will be a Browning, Beretta or Miroku. As soon as my cert is delivered i'll be trying them all for size, includingthe Bettinsoli. Then armed with some readies i'll be out looking for a deal :)

Have you noticed that people tend to buy cars by the model they like regardless of make in most cases, yet with shotguns it's just make, yet every modern gun is made my cnc machining to the same standards, far closer tolerances than the old days, equal quality of steel and if anything the lesser priced guns from the smaller companies have more detailed wood than the basic guns of the three or four big gun makers. Just goes to show marketing really works in that the most simple of guns with the simplest of all barrels and actions can sell at such high prices and have massive price differences which are hard to justify :D

Yep, I like the new stuff, but I know the better buy will be a Browning, Beretta or Miroku. As soon as my cert is delivered i'll be trying them all for size, includingthe Bettinsoli. Then armed with some readies i'll be out looking for a deal :)

Im in the same boat, i will be looking for a game gun, with the same budget as yours. Im leaning towards Browning and Berretta, But i will be looking to try as many out as i can so i will have a look at miroku and Bettinsoli amongst others.

all guns are made by CNC it's true,but it's the quality of the programmer and the CNC machine,then the metal there're made of and the years of experience that make the difference,and thats also what comes with the Brand name,What i don't like is people rubbishing a gun they have never tried BECAUSE it isn't a top 4 name.

Hi all and thank you for your comments. I understand where people are coming from recommending you stick to main brands as they are more reliable. True they have the experience and background but I have had them fail to perform in the past as I have mentioned. Another big plus for me was that the bettinsoli came with different recoil pads enabling me to easily extend the stock for a better fit. I felt that I owed the gun a review pointing out pros and cons as they have had a bit of bad reputation. But with a 10 year warranty I will have to wait and see how it holds up. Hopefully I will get my FAC back with a couple of variations and can add a few more reviews. I'm new to most things but am willing to give renovation one of the guns I am getting a go so hopefully will be able to post the process as it is quite daunting.

To all those thinking of getting a bettinsoli, yes a used berretta/browning/miruko is an option but go see what fits and don't discount a bettinsoli.

Hi all and thank you for your comments. I understand where people are coming from recommending you stick to main brands as they are more reliable. True they have the experience and background but I have had them fail to perform in the past as I have mentioned. Another big plus for me was that the bettinsoli came with different recoil pads enabling me to easily extend the stock for a better fit. I felt that I owed the gun a review pointing out pros and cons as they have had a bit of bad reputation. But with a 10 year warranty I will have to wait and see how it holds up. Hopefully I will get my FAC back with a couple of variations and can add a few more reviews. I'm new to most things but am willing to give renovation one of the guns I am getting a go so hopefully will be able to post the process as it is quite daunting.

To all those thinking of getting a bettinsoli, yes a used berretta/browning/miruko is an option but go see what fits and don't discount a bettinsoli.

Had three bettinsolis,got a mk70 miroku and have intentions of down grading,just my honest oppinion.

I understand that you prefer your miruko and I also have used miruko and guns and rhink they are a great gun. I like the sideplates on the bettinsoli and to get that "look" in a big name gun your getting close 3 or 4 times the price used! Just trying to give my opinion and make people aware of what I think of the gun as there doesn't seam to be a huge amount of information on the guns but lots of dealers ar selling them, so presumably there must be a fairly good turn over of the guns and in time they might gain more of a following. If I could have afforded it a used berreta eell would have been my choice but in rhe current economic climate people can't splash out on luxury items. Some of rhe lower model bettisolis cam be had for under 700 and are multi choke and steel shot proofed, something a lot of the berreta/ browning/ miruko in this price range are not. Just food for thought for people looking to buy.

I understand that you prefer your miruko and I also have used miruko and guns and rhink they are a great gun. I like the sideplates on the bettinsoli and to get that "look" in a big name gun your getting close 3 or 4 times the price used! Just trying to give my opinion and make people aware of what I think of the gun as there doesn't seam to be a huge amount of information on the guns but lots of dealers ar selling them, so presumably there must be a fairly good turn over of the guns and in time they might gain more of a following. If I could have afforded it a used berreta eell would have been my choice but in rhe current economic climate people can't splash out on luxury items. Some of rhe lower model bettisolis cam be had for under 700 and are multi choke and steel shot proofed, something a lot of the berreta/ browning/ miruko in this price range are not. Just food for thought for people looking to buy.

You have to cut your cloth to what you can afford,if you like a gun,it fits you,go for it,a mate had his bettinsoli out today on clays i had a few shots with it and to be fair hit every thing i shot at. :good:

You have to cut your cloth to what you can afford,if you like a gun,it fits you,go for it,a mate had his bettinsoli out today on clays i had a few shots with it and to be fair hit every thing i shot at. :good:

You shot better with it than me :lol: Mines been a great gun in the two years I have had it, great fit, nice wood for a Bettinsoli and still feels tight. :good: