calling all howa owners

aister

had a howa 243 and loved it but too much poke for my permissions..

since got a browning x-bolt 223, and a remington 22/250, but just orderd a howa 204 that i pick up next thursday...(ive had to loose the 22/250 to get it tho)

realy nice stocks and the action is just rite for me, i only shoot foxes so scrambling round and climbing up on bales and over fences you dont wory about the howa as it has a nice rubber stock..

plus straigt from the box they are really accurate...camokid on this forum has one in 223 and he loves it. :good:

Handled a Howa today (looking for new .308) and didn't like the trigger much. Found it quite creepy. Tried a CZ 550 as well and that was excellent. Are all howas like that and can the triggers be adjusted?

Also noticed Hogue stock forend was very spingy. Touched the barrel very easily. It was a second hand rifle, don't know how old. I seem to remember reading somewhere that these stocks had been stiffened on current rifles. Is that right?

we have just finished putting together his rifle and scope, a nikon prostaff 3-9x50 BDC. seems a nice set up, the trigger is brilliant, nice and crisp with no creep and we checked the forend with a bi-pod on and the barrel was free floating which was good. thanks for all your input :good: :good: :good:

I hate the Hogue stock on the Howa (and others) but there is nothing wrong with Howas as such.

Howa have made guns for MANY others for many years, they eventually decide it was time to brand their own. Just seems strange, a Japanese rifle, but think about it, most things Japanese are pretty good these days!

:good:

Early Howa triggers did need a bit of fettling: I have one in 7mm WSM. The latest models have good triggers straight out of the box. They can now be ordered with 2 stage triggers, drop out mags and Bell & Carlson stocks. Bumps the price up a bit, though!.