Good idea or not

rwade545

Well I have been trying to think of ways to be allowed out to go shooting more often over the weekends and had hit on the idea of taking the misses as if she liked it great, if not then great don't have to indulge her in the sport. So turns outs her shoulder hurt n she doesn't like bangs but she now understands the comradary and I'm allowed out next weekend. Any one else got any ideas to get another weekends pass or have any experience with trying to introduce others? Btw she was using 21g cartridges and had a clay lesson with a coach not myself.

Has she got her own hobby ? , reason i ask is that when I met the missus ( 43 yrs ago ) she played hockey/tennis every week , although she is knocking on a bit she still plays league tennis every week , and has never questioned my pursuits of shooting/fishing over the last 40 yrs .

If not encourage her to take up something .

Best luck

Julian

Best luck

Julian

thats what i have managed to do with my wife she now has a couple of hobbies so i can go shooting without feeling guilty about leaving her at home with our two young daughters

Any one else got any ideas to get another weekends pass

Man up and tell her to have a roast dinner on the table by the time you get back. If It's up to standard, allow her to join you at the table after she's cleaned your guns.

Edited by Blunderbuss

i took my wife shooting twice and i vowed never again :sly:. the first time was lamping with the hmr and she shot 5 rabbits with 5 shots and said "that will do, i dont want to ruin my 100% record" :o . a LONG time after i took her to have a go at some clays and with her first shot with a shotgun she hit 5/6 clays :o. she now mocks me when i come back with an empty bag because apparently "shooting is very easy" :o.

i took my wife shooting twice and i vowed never again :sly:. the first time was lamping with the hmr and she shot 5 rabbits with 5 shots and said "that will do, i dont want to ruin my 100% record" :o . a LONG time after i took her to have a go at some clays and with her first shot with a shotgun she hit 5/6 clays :o. she now mocks me when i come back with an empty bag because apparently "shooting is very easy" :o.

That's why I won't let me mrs have a go!!! She may be a better shot than me :lol:

Has she got her own hobby ? , reason i ask is that when I met the missus ( 43 yrs ago ) she played hockey/tennis every week , although she is knocking on a bit she still plays league tennis every week , and has never questioned my pursuits of shooting/fishing over the last 40 yrs .

Best luck

Julian

You are to be congratulated on the long time you & your wife have been together but I am not sure that your description of her now is exactly tactful or gentlemanly..........

You are to be congratulated on the long time you & your wife have been together but I am not sure that your description of her now is exactly tactful or gentlemanly..........

Thought it was more subtle that saying she is an Oap :)

Julian