scope recomendations

fishbone

I fire a TX200 HC.. I'm looking for a decent scope for hunting. I'm looking to spend up to £200. I like the look of the Niko Stirling laser king with a 50mm objective lens since i do a lot of low light shooting. Can anyone comment on my choice or recomend a better buy for the rifle...

Hi and welcome to the forum.Scope choice is really an individual thing but the Hawke you chose is a perfectly good scope offering decent value for money.My lad uses one of the MTC vipers on his Pro-Sport and now wouldn't use anything else.Use the linky thing at the bottom to have a look at their range of scopes/

Try having a look at the reticle section then select which of the two the reticles you like and then use the little Airgun user box at the bottom left to see the holdover chart .This should give you a good idea of what your getting for your money,really the best bet would be to go to your local dealer and have a look through several different ones to find what suits you best.Good Luck

http://www.mtcoptics.co.uk/mtcScopes.htm

Edited by Jega

Hi

I would recommend a Nikko Sterling Gameking without reservation !

I have the 6-24x50 illuminated mildot reticle & adjustable objective on my CZ452 rimmy & the 4-16x50 version without the illuminated reticle on my Airarm s410 Xtra FAC

(TBH you dont need any magnification over 16)

The image is crisp and its great quality at a very reasonable price. I take headshot rabbits with the rimmy easily out to 100yards.

JS Ramsbottom are doing the various versions at around £70 which I think is a steal and their customer service is great. They also do the high double screw mounts.

Scope Link

:good:

Edited by peek-at