Webley & Scott 912K

station

Hi All,

I have seen a Webley & Scott 912K o/u for sale - fits well and fires well.

Has anyone got or had one, and if so, then what are your opinions ?

It is in very good condition, approx 3+ years old and up for £450.

It is just for rainy day shoots, but I do need something reliable.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

ATB

Have a search they are made in turkey as W&S is just a name these days

The 810 semi auto I had was was made by the Akkar company in turkey - I cant say for sure that the 912 is made for W&S by the same firm but its got to be a starting point for a google search etc.

The W&S 810 was the only sghotgun purchase Ive made that regretted. Despite nice wood it was simply shockingly put together. Shame on the munchkin who bought a name with respectable heritage and used it to pedal tat. Its not very often i'd reccomend a cheap italian gun instead of anything but in this case i would - spend your money on a rizzini or laurona or similar instead !

Shame on the munchkin who bought a name with respectable heritage and used it to pedal tat. Its not very often i'd reccomend a cheap italian gun instead of anything but in this case i would - spend your money on a rizzini or laurona or similar instead !

highland outdoors IIRC, also why do you want one? For clays when it rains ???

Save £400 and buy a towel?

Edited by HDAV

I went through 4 new ones!!! Yes 4. All had some short of finish quality issue with them and were returned back to the shop. After the traumatic experience of having to wait long periods of time between the swaps, I bought a Bettinsoli Select. No problems at all and very happy with it. It also look like a new gun should look with no defects. After the experience I will personally stay away from W&S in the future.

highland outdoors IIRC, also why do you want one? For clays when it rains ???

Save £400 and buy a towel?

That's just my way of justifying yet another gun !

But, going off the consensus of opinions, I may give this one a miss.

Thanks guys for all the replies.

ATB.

Apparently those 'Pointer' guns aren't much cop either. A mate (the same one who got the 912) sent his back twice from brand new for an extended layover in the 'we'll have to send it away for repair' department.

Ironically for your mate the Pointer is a W&S both are made by Zafer arms co IIRC http://www.zaferint.com/o_1612.htm So he got rid of one gun for err the same gun! Avalon seem to have stopped selling them so perhaps realised they werent a good thing to sell.

There are a few dealers who import a load of guns themselves (or via distributors) and give it a generic brand name Lincoln shotguns are the same principle but are made in italy by a well established manufacturer...

Ironically for your mate the Pointer is a W&S both are made by Zafer arms co IIRC http://www.zaferint.com/o_1612.htm So he got rid of one gun for err the same gun! Avalon seem to have stopped selling them so perhaps realised they werent a good thing to sell.

There are a few dealers who import a load of guns themselves (or via distributors) and give it a generic brand name Lincoln shotguns are the same principle but are made in italy by a well established manufacturer...

Good stuff.

I've had a 912K since last October and I'm really pleased with it, never had any problems with it, fits perfectly and find it a well balanced gun for carrying about. I actually find it a nicer gun to shoot than the Lanber I had previously.

• 2 years later...

I am new to the sport and recently brought my 912K (game ..as I liked the scenery engraving) for £695. I was initially septic about buying one due to the mixed reviews, but my gun dealer state that the earlier models did have problem and the new 912K's are much better with issues all sorted. My budget was between £700 to £800 for a 1st gun and I did not want S/H( i do like the Beretta SV10 Prevail but could not afford the £1600 price tag). I took the gamble as the gun fitted me the best (after trying several other in the same price bracket) and it came with a 3 year warranty. I took it to clay shooting and put over 100 shells with no issues or problems. As for a 1st gun I am very please with it so far and in my opinion good value for the money. I shall keep you posted after 1000+ shells and you whether its shooting sweet or its gone all pear-shaped.......