COTSWOLD MEET UP

Fisherman Mike

I had an email from a member some of us 'wolders know today which made me think. This is just to say that no boats have been missed (as per earlier in the thread). All we have done is get enough people to secure the deal. There is room for (a few) more.

If a (reasonably) established member of PW is interested in coming then get in touch with anyone you know in the meeting group, or Mike or me.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all had malkiserow round for a brew had a chat and the cotswold meet sounds great i would like to join the crew if that's ok :hmm: the dates are good for me both nights

Cheers Mark

The more the merrier, pm thunderbird or fishermanmike. It's going to be an awesome weekend, I quite frankly can't wait ;)

OK Guys Response to the Two Day meet up has been slow...

I must get some confrimation of minimum Numbers by the 6th of April or the whole thing could be in serious Jeopardy..

All those who havent contacted me yet and voted for the 12th - 13th please let me know if you are attending and which days....

Even if you are not attending and originally indicated you were please let me know also so I can discount.you.

We ( Thunderbird and I ) are meeting the proprietor of the venue on the 7th and there is a lot of organisation to take place regarding provision of food and drink.

Get yourselves organised and contact me with a yes or no and no perhaps, depends, maybe's... indecision is no good to us

you can reply on here or PM me I dont mind.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike YHPM :) any tips for the Scottish national

• 2 weeks later...

butchery demo?

Yes please if bambi is playing ball.

-----------------

OK, there will be an email and or PM to everyone attending this event later today (hopefully). It will include directions and a few issues you'll need to know and some extras. Some of them are shooting related so we'll keep that off-line. We need to start liaising on the food for Saturday's dinner and Sunday's breakfast. As far as I know Nick is in charge for the rest of it but as always bring what you can, there are two fridges there (or maybe a fridge and a freezer, I'm not 100% sure) so if in doubt bung it in.

Right, this is important. Do we want a barrel of beer or are people happy bringing what they want? If enough people do suggestions are welcome. I've got Wickwar Brewery near me but I know there are others. Nick knows of one I know.

I'm happy either way. Discuss. If nobody replies or is bothered we can decide on Saturday and go and get it before everyone gets too lashed.

The rest we can do by email. Not long now chaps....

-----------------

OK, there will be an email and or PM to everyone attending this event later today (hopefully). It will include directions and a few issues you'll need to know and some extras. Some of them are shooting related so we'll keep that off-line. We need to start liaising on the food for Saturday's dinner and Sunday's breakfast. As far as I know Nick is in charge for the rest of it but as always bring what you can, there are two fridges there (or maybe a fridge and a freezer, I'm not 100% sure) so if in doubt bung it in.

Right, this is important. Do we want a barrel of beer or are people happy bringing what they want? If enough people do suggestions are welcome. I've got Wickwar Brewery near me but I know there are others. Nick knows of one I know.

I'm happy either way. Discuss. If nobody replies or is bothered we can decide on Saturday and go and get it before everyone gets too lashed.

Do we want a barrel of beer

Thats a big yes from.

-----------------

So who's the butcher? i was only saying i would try and get a carcass so someone to show us.lmao. i dont thing a wood saw and hatchet classes as butchery.lol.

-----------------

So who's the butcher? i was only saying i would try and get a carcass so someone to show us.lmao. i dont thing a wood saw and hatchet classes as butchery.lol.

Colin Lad showed us using a SwissArmy knife :o and even that did a good job in Colin's hands. :D

HI all,

I sent a erroneous email to everyone suggesting that crowman was not attending. this is wrong I got him mixed up with Taffe73 who sadly has had to pull out to aid his inlaws.

Apologies to Crowman...I still have you down for both days.

Regards

Mike.

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Hi all,

Glad to see its all coming along swimmingly.

Mike do you still have me down for both nights?

Sorry ive not been on much lately work and such like has been causing me too many late nights and early mornings.

Just to let you all know im more than happy to sort the food on the sunday.I was just going to bring some stuff and see what I could come up with.Ive had to scrap the paella as the spanish people have gone a bit quiet. But i'm sure there will be something of that nature. If there is any leftovers knocking about I will have a go at those too kinda a jamming session with food where anybody else who fancies it can come play too.Could somebody let me know the numbers expected, particuarly for the sunday as most of these things have passed me by lately.

I wont be attending the clay shoot as im still having problems with my ears.

I will be back on in a bit just got to nip and do some puddings for some people

cheers Nick