crow vid

I went back to the field yesterday that I shot some crows on two weeks ago. The numbers were definately thin on the ground, but managed a few. Caught a few on camera and added them to the original vid i made. (new footage is about half way through)

Edited by steve0146

Great vid hopeing to get out on the crows myself soon any decoying tips ie patern type of decoes exctra. :good:

I was using the shilloutte decoys shown in the vid. Placed in a rough circle patten, leaving the middle clear for landing. One tip is to build a good hide and not move to the last minute, and place the hide slightly down wind of the decoy spread. They have excellent eye sight and you dont want them looking your way till its too late!

I went back to the field yesterday that I shot some crows on two weeks ago. The numbers were definately thin on the ground, but managed a few. Caught a few on camera and added them to the original vid i made. (new footage is about half way through)

Nice shooting what load were you using? and what make was the pump? keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Winchester SXP. 36g no.6 Fob Choc. I love the cartridges but recently been having at least one or two misfires per box.

How do you find the sxp?? Thinking of treating myself so I'm not using my silver pigeon when I'm out and about in the field. I've never used a pump before, are they easy to get used to?

How do you find the sxp?? Thinking of treating myself so I'm not using my silver pigeon when I'm out and about in the field. I've never used a pump before, are they easy to get used to?

After an over / under, it will take a bit of getting used to. I always found you need a bit of room in a hide for the o/u to open it but nothing opens on the pump. I found the only problem was switching from a semi and forgetting to pump it. I have a 'better' gun but prefer this for every day shooting and is my only gun for wildfowling now. You will either love it or hate it! Go handle one in the shop and see if you like it!