SGC interview

evo

had sgc interview after waiting nearly 3 months,,i have been formally cautioned for trying to obtain an sgc and missing a conviction of common assault that happened in 1997,,(15 years ago) and also a driving ticket(speeding) not mine ex missus was driving my van to pick up stock for the salon and she was convicted just that the van was in my name,,totally gutted,,got to wait for the letter now to see if i am gonna be charged,,,honestly did not remember conviction from 15yrs ago,,,,i,m totally devastated by this as i am hard workingand honest and thought i put everything down(WHAT A DI*****D) now i,m worried i wont get sgc and also i,m gonna get charged,,just sent a letter to BASC asking for help,,,,,,,,,,,,,totally gutted :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: oh he also said he thinks it best that i remove my application so i told him no i wont as this was a genuine mistake on my behalf,,

Edited by evo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** sake Evo lad, that's a proper gutter mate :no:

I forgot to declare my driving convictions, but it didn't go against me when I mentioned it to the FLO.

Hope everything turns out ok for you bud.

totally devastated mate,,i,ve wrote to BASC to see if they can help mate,,i,m just totally gutted ,,feel sick to the back teeth

Mate, that sucks. I hope that BASC can offer you some advice - I definately think it is a good idea not removing the application - it would make an honest mistake look like something it wasn't. I hope it gets sorted for you :good: :good:

thanks bud,,just got to wait now for letter,,he said tho he is going to contact the guy who signed my application and he also checked my cabinate i had fitted and he was happy with that,,cant tell ya how sick i feel,,but who knows,,just got to wait for the letter :hmm:

thats pants mate. hope it gets sorted. was it the older gent?

yes mart surname begins with C dont want to mention who,,, cant believe i missed that off,,what a t*t ,,just sittin on here now totally gutted at the thought i might be getting charged,,he seemed ok but very very strict,,why would he want to check my cabinate after tellin me all that,,i,m devastated to say the least,,the car ticket was not me so thats not worrying me,,i just cant believe i missed one off the last one,,,,, and this happens

What do you mean by formally cautioned?

he has formally cautioned me for applying for an sgc and not putting all convictions down,,aked if i wanted to speak to a solicitor before i replied and i said no because it was a genuine mistake and i appologise,,all i have done is be honest,,and forgot to put a bl***y conviction down which i genuinely forgot about,,,,well never mind i,ll just cry myself to sleep tonight :lol: :lol:

I'd ring BASC, I think it'll be better than the letter. See what they say, but if they will not grant you a certificate then you might be better withdrawing the application as your FEO suggested. You lose the fee but if they refuse it then although they return the fee it may make it much harder (or impossible) to get one in the future.

The advise is usually to withdraw the application and try again in a few years, putting more time between the conviction and the application.

I'd ring BASC, I think it'll be better than the letter. See what they say, but if they will not grant you a certificate then you might be better withdrawing the application as your FEO suggested. You lose the fee but if they refuse it then although they return the fee it may make it much harder (or impossible) to get one in the future.

The advise is usually to withdraw the application and try again in a few years, putting more time between the conviction and the application.

put more time between the conviction,, :hmm: it was my last one 15years ago i,ll be dead of old age to wait even longer,, :yes:

sorry meant sent an email, :good:

he has formally cautioned me for applying for an sgc and not putting all convictions down,,aked if i wanted to speak to a solicitor before i replied and i said no because it was a genuine mistake and i appologise,,all i have done is be honest,,and forgot to put a bl***y conviction down which i genuinely forgot about,,,,well never mind i,ll just cry myself to sleep tonight :lol: :lol:

Something doesn't add up. If he did give you a genuine caution he sounds like a nasty piece of work.

Yes. BASC should be able to help out here, this guy sounds like a bit of a problem. Equally, you did make a mistake - but that's the point, it's a mistake...

certainly was and what a big mistake it was,,,,cant get the thought out of my head that i,ll get charged now,,anyway i,m just gonna forget it till the letter comes and then sort it out,,i,ll lose my hair if i keep worrying about it,,it was a genuine mistake and i,ve appologised,,that surely cant be wrong,,anyway all thanks for your support will defo keep ya informed about what happens next and how long my sentence is :good::hmm: :hmm:

Am I the only person who doesn't want people convicted of assault with a shotgun? How could you 'forget' this? I think the police have done a good job!

i didn,t assault anyone i broke up a fight by grabbing this guy after the court case he even paid for the costs and was all appologies to myself and the wife,,so why have they done a great job,,i,ve been shooting since 1976 and i,ve never been a problem,,just my father passed away who always took me,,so had to apply for my own, 15yrs is a long time matey can you remember everything I DOUBT IT : :hmm: please note i was conditionally discharged for common assault NOT abh or GBH :good:

Edited by evo