Lightforce?

wildfowler.250

I'm needing a new lamp as I am planning doing more fox shooting this year. The lightforce lamps seem highly rated? What is the difference between the 140 and the 170? I seem to have it in my head that the 170 is better :hmm: Also how much does the 170 roughly cost? Last time I looked they weren't cheap!

Think I am also going to invest in a foxpro. Has anyone had much experience with them? I had the ucaller years ago and it broke,(the speaker broke AND then the call broke) so I wouldn't touch one again!

Thanks in advance!

The 170 cost around 70 it comes with a 100 watt bulb and has a 170 mm reflector and the 140 has a75 watt bulb and a 140 mm reflector the 170 is good for about 600 metres without filters and the 140 is good for about 400 metre I use a 170 with a red filter just be careful with the wiring

Rgds

Sx3

Hi I have had both ,the 170 is sometimes a bit too much for fields so variable power is a good addition , the 140 is a great handy lamp again more for field sytems than moorland , the ucaller gear looks good but I have not used it , for reliability clulite gear is long lasting , if your using a battery pack the smaller bulbs use less power so last longer , for fox I have not used an amber filter but it sounds a good option , cheers

Thanks guys, i may just get the 140 then if it's a better size? How much does the battery set you back? Are you better with a lithium one? Obviously the cheaper the better but not something that's going to cut out after 10 minutes!

Ps how do you guys find the scope mounted lamps? I'd have guessed you would end up waving the rifle everywhere? Would be handy though!

Cheers!

totaly depends on what battery you want...the lithium batterys are the best as they are lighter and easy to fit in a pocket...

the scope mounted lamps are ok but i find you have to point the rifle at what your looking at so you could be pointing the rifle at somthing that is not your quarry so you need to be extra carefull..

i would get a 170 handheld light force lamp, and if it was for my scope i have a 140 lightforce lamp...and pick up a extra bulb for each lamp as spare to put in your kit bag...plus a red and amber filter for each lamp...amber for foxes and red for rabbits..this is what i use but other people use different lamps and colour filters...

i guess alot depends on what your wanting to lamp for and what rifle... :good:

The 140 lasts longer on say a 7 a/h battery but if you go to a 170 then get a huge 18 a/h or a lithium , aa.decoys do some really cheap but good batteries and they sell the fantastic clubriter lamp thats good for 300m and rechargeable but the beam is a bit tight for searching fields , any way its still a fab tool.Re scope mounted lamps a clulite lazerlite is a good one very versitile and hard wearing I have had one for 10 years its all a bit confusing if you were closer I would gladly take you out with my kit , cheers oh and by the way just spoke to russ of here and he says the u caller gear is as good as lightforce but cheaper

I'm needing a new lamp as I am planning doing more fox shooting this year. The lightforce lamps seem highly rated? What is the difference between the 140 and the 170? I seem to have it in my head that the 170 is better :hmm: Also how much does the 170 roughly cost? Last time I looked they weren't cheap!

Think I am also going to invest in a foxpro. Has anyone had much experience with them? I had the ucaller years ago and it broke,(the speaker broke AND then the call broke) so I wouldn't touch one again!

Thanks in advance!

I have 2 of the 170's and between us red, amber and green filters one mounts on the gun and the other is hand held. When lamping with 2 of us one uses the hand held to look around and then the other can get “set up”.

Same set up when driving around. They work very well for me, that so S A Shooter has the same set up. Also fitted dimmers on the battery packs for the rabbits!

TEH