Best springer pellet???

utectok

This is something that I'm looking into at the moment Will.

Just bought an air rifle off my mate. But the advice that I've been given is the old 'pellet pack test'

You can get them on fleabay, you pay about a tenner for 20 pellets of about 5-6 different brands and see which ones group the best.

all air rifles like differet pellets so try as many as you can. my mark 1 i think it is .22 webley vulcan absolutely loves rws superdomes i can get at my 10 yard zero range 1/4 inch groups and at 20 yards with a rest 3/4 inch groups. even managed to hit a three inch clump of mud at exactley 48 yards. basically just try many different types and you will find the right one and when you do stick with it :good::good:

• 2 weeks later...

Super domes seem the best I have yet tried. I've worked pretty hard on the gun replaced seals piston spring etc still only managing 2" groups at 25 meters (27 yrds) I have no idea if this is good or bad for a 1970s hw 35 perhaps it's me or should I keep tinkering?

A lot of people recommend lighter pellets for spring guns. I find JSB Exact RS are the best in my Prosport. They are 7.33 grains and seem to fly flatter with excellent accuracy and consistency over the chrono'. They also do the business on vermin. They are £9 a tin delivered from Intershoot.

If want something a little bit heavier JSB Exact Express weigh in around halfway between the RS and standard Exacts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

whichever pellet you try you might want to try the slightly larger pellet for your gun eg. 4.51, 4.52. or 5.51, 5.52. the reason being that as it is an old gun and assuming that it has been well used the barrel wont be as tight as a new gun and the slightly larger pellet will give a better tighter fit for the barrel which should result it tighter groupings.

I was told this few years back and it certainly worked for the webley eclipse i have. i use jsb exact 5.51s.

but you will still need to try a few to find what suits your barrel.

hope this helps.